This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Sea Trout fishing book!

Pleased, proud (and slightly nervous) to announce that my book on sea trout (sea run brown trout) fishing has finally made it to print. It is now open for pre-order; the books are scheduled to arrive in four weeks’ time.

It has taken many years to compile and complete, encapsulating a lifetime in pursuit of sea trout.

I have self-published, which means that I am reliant on fellow anglers spreading the word. I would really appreciate you sharing this post to help me make the book a success.

I believe the book offers something for everyone; from the beginner through to the most ardent. The book covers 244 pages over 25 chapters, ranging from tips and techniques on fly, spin and bait through to captivating chapters from contributors such as Moc Morgan on the evolution of Welsh sea trout flies and Martin Joergensen on saltwater fishing for sea trout. Further to this, I have called on friends and fellow sea trout addicts from around the world to contribute their favourite patterns. Included are John Graham, who not only contributes his patterns but also details their history and application, Stjani Ben from Iceland, Claudio Martin and Pepe ‘Fly’ Borzi from Argentina, Tom O’Shea from Ireland and David Pilkington from England.

No stone is left unturned in detailing how best to approach sea trout and how best to combat prevailing conditions. The book also discusses tackle, knots, casting considerations through to useful references on what time to start night fishing and length to weight formulas.

I have now been sea trout guiding for 22 years. Over this time, I have witnessed all the common mistakes and all the common misconceived perceptions on sea trout. The book addresses these, enabling you to maximise your results and time on the water.

How to order?
    The book costs £30 (GBP). Postage is £3.50 within the UK, £10.50 to mainland Europe (please make contact for other countries). PLEASE NOTE that it is often possible to send multiple copies within the same package, should you wish to combine an order with a friend/s and save some money in the process. Each book weighs just over 1kg. Contact me for pricing on posting multiple copies.

Cheque (made payable to Steffan Jones): Mr Steffan Jones, Cambrian House, Cambrian Terrace, Llandysul, Ceredigion, SA44 4QX.

Bank Transfer: Steffan Jones, Sort# 537036, Acc#12730947 – please follow up with email (book@sea-trout.co.uk) to confirm transfer and postal address.

Paypal: To be sent as a ‘gift’ (‘friends and family’ option) only. Please send to book@sea-trout.co.uk . Please send GBP only - you can choose currency when sending. Please also include your postal address in the note box or follow-up with an email.

When the main supply arrives then they will be available through eBay. In addition, West Wales Tackle (Carmarthen) and the Porth Hotel (Llandysul) have kindly agreed to hold copies for sale. I will update when they receive stock.

Any questions? Please email book@sea-trout.co.uk

Congratulations on completing and publishing Steff. Looks good. I will probably wait until my next pint in the Porth to pick up my copy. pob lwc

Comment

Well done TT, I will also pick up a copy. Really looking forward to reading it.

Comment

Thanks gents, greatly appreciated. I will update when they are in the Porth and West Wales Tackle for collection.

Thanks for your support,

TT.

Comment

I will buy a copy from the Porth.Should be interesting to see were you have been going wrong all these years

Comment

Well done Steph, will put a cheque in the post tomorrow, look forward to some decent night time reading. Any chance of getting it signed. Cheers trotters

Comment

Da iawn gyfaill. Edrych ymlaen i'w ddarllen (translation available on Google translate)
              Genwair Blyg
              Aled

Comment

I've often thought that there are too few quality books written about sea trout angling so this one feels long overdue - well done and good luck on the self-publishing approach.I'll send my cheque over the weekend and if possible Steffan, it would be great if the copy could be signed?

Alwyn

Comment

Thanks everyone for your support and for the kind words, greatly appreciated.

I will sign the copies with pleasure, just please make a note with your payment so that I do not miss it.

Thanks again,

TT.

Comment

hi steff have just paid for the book by bank transfer ,let me know you have it and my postal address regards billy

Comment

Hi Steff
                      will there be any of your books be on sale at the BFFI ?
                      I'm planning a trip down there, if so, I'll look out for a copy.
                      I know your a very knowledgeable sea trout angler so I would be more than happy to purchase a copy off you.

Comment

I won't be at the BFFI I'm afraid, LFM. However, if I get the books in time, I will try and have one of the stands at the show holding a few copies.

Thanks,

TT.

Comment

Originally posted by Teifi-Terrorist View Post
                          I won't be at the BFFI I'm afraid, LFM. However, if I get the books in time, I will try and have one of the stands at the show holding a few copies.

Thanks,

TT.
                          Thanks Steff I'll look out for one while I'm there.
                          Cheers Paul.

Comment

My pleasure and thanks for the interest

If they do arrive in time then Toby at 'FunkFlyTying' will have them.

TT.

Comment

Hi TT,
                              Really looking to reading this. Any update from the publishers on arrival date?
                              If you get chance to sign it, could you please make it out to Thomas and myself?
                              Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X