X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silverstoat View Post
    Hi TT,
    Really looking to reading this. Any update from the publishers on arrival date?
    If you get chance to sign it, could you please make it out to Thomas and myself?
    Thanks
    Hey SS,

thanks for this and will sign with pleasure.

The books are scheduled to be with me on Wednesday of this week, but have asked the couriers for an update on that this morning to see if everything is on track - I hope so, as it has been a long wait; very much a child waiting for Christmas Day scenario.

Will keep you posted,

TT.

Comment

The books have now been delivered to the Porth Hotel and West Wales Tackle for collection.

Beyond that, FunkyFlyTying have kindly agreed to hold the books on their stand at the BFFI this weekend, for those attending and wanting to collect a copy.

Thanks,

TT.

Comment

Congratulations TT.
        Book arrived this morning.Absorbing read.2 chapters to go,must get back to it.

Comment

Received mine today and just had a quick flick through. It looks good with some interesting chapters that deal with some practical subjects that I'm not sure have been covered in other books in the same depth, such as casting angles / speed of retrieve, fishing during the mist and others. Looking forward to reading it properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Teifi-Terrorist View Post

Hey SS,

thanks for this and will sign with pleasure.

The books are scheduled to be with me on Wednesday of this week, but have asked the couriers for an update on that this morning to see if everything is on track - I hope so, as it has been a long wait; very much a child waiting for Christmas Day scenario.

Will keep you posted,

TT.
            That'll be the first place I'll be heading tomorrow at the BFFI

Comment

Originally posted by lancsflyman View Post

That'll be the first place I'll be heading tomorrow at the BFFI
              Hi lancsflyman, the book is fantastic; some of the tips are quite eye opening.

I will not comment any further and leave you to enjoy reading the book.

Regards, HH.

Comment

I have barely put the book down since picking up my copy on Saturday, really enjoyable, informative read and a fantastic fly patterns section.

Comment

Thoroughly enjoyed reading the book and so glad that it is not another Huw Falkus book in disguise. It has even got my fly tying mo-jo back and I have now got a selection of Dai Ben flies in my box. Well, if it was an amazing fly back in the sixties................ roll on summer 2018.!!!

Comment

Thanks everyone for the comments and thanks to those that have purchased a copy, greatly appreciated. I hope it brings you luck this season.

TT.

Comment

Hi all,

just to update on the book. There are now a few outlets/vendors to choose from if you are looking to purchase a book.

If you're looking to collect locally then:

Porth Hotel, Llandysul.
                      West Wales Tackle, Carmarthen.

If you're looking to get the book posted then they can be ordered through me directly (please refer to the original/first post for further details). They can also be purchased online through the following outlets:

http://www.garryevans.co.uk/sea-trou...es-25683-p.asp
                      https://www.tungsten-beads-plus.com/...-steffan-jones

For those looking for convenience, it is also listed on ebay and amazon:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEA-TROUT...-/352295129297
                      https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-li...n=new&qid=&sr=

Thanks,

TT.

Comment

Originally posted by Teifi-Terrorist View Post
                        Thanks everyone for the comments and thanks to those that have purchased a copy, greatly appreciated. I hope it brings you luck this season.

TT.
                        Oh I’m gonna have to come down to Llandysul now this June for a weeks fishing and pick up my copy from the Porth hotel,give me some reading matter through the daytime lol.
                        hopefully if I see you by the riverbank you could maybe sign it for me.good Sea Trout books are thin on the ground,whole heap of Salmon reading matter but to male a good book on Sewin one has to be fully immersed in the habits of this peculiar fish and if it can help me catch on those nights where the norm failed I’ll be a happy man.

Comment

Originally posted by andyantiquefly View Post
                          Oh I’m gonna have to come down to Llandysul now this June for a weeks fishing and pick up my copy from the Porth hotel,give me some reading matter through the daytime lol.
                          hopefully if I see you by the riverbank you could maybe sign it for me.good Sea Trout books are thin on the ground,whole heap of Salmon reading matter but to male a good book on Sewin one has to be fully immersed in the habits of this peculiar fish and if it can help me catch on those nights where the norm failed I’ll be a happy man.
                          Thanks AAF They have signed copies at The Porth, so even if I don't see you at least you will be able to obtain a copy.

Thanks again,

TT.

Comment

Hi Steffan,

I would like to order your book, can you clear your inbox so I can PM you please!

thanks,

Tom
                            www.southerndeerservices.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by tom_o_m View Post
                              Hi Steffan,

I would like to order your book, can you clear your inbox so I can PM you please!

thanks,

Tom
                              Sorry Tom, cleared now.

TT.

Comment

Hi TT,

I learnt a lot from your book, I genuinely think I will be a better angler as a result. Thank you.

One thing I would like some more info on is sea trout vision in front of them, i.e. how they react at night to a fly on the same level as they are? I fully understand why you focus on the vision cone looking upwards; this is where the silhouette against the night sky comes into play, but given the effectiveness of trout night vision and their binocular forward focus I suspect they can see flies coming towards them as a brownie would a nymph during the day. I ask because a trout in the shallow tail of the pool may not get the chance to see the fly in the cone unless it drops on their head, but in this shallow water the higher residual light may mean that they can see flies in front of them rather clearly.

I also understand that trout monocular side vision is good at quite a distance, although not for detail. So in the analogy above would a fly moving across a trout on its level be seen early in the monocular periphery before being focussed on when the trout either turns to address the fly or it comes into binocular range itself, or would the trout only pick it up when the fly enters the narrower binocular range?

I would be interested in your thoughts, I hope you don't mind me firing off such geeky questions!

Thanks

Tom
                                www.southerndeerservices.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X