Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The TTA have been lucky over the years in the way that they've been supported by members who live a considerable distance away from the river,some for reasons of logistics,health or lack of time find it hard to come down and fish but nevertheless join and support the club.Surely they deserve a postal vote.One of the reasons I've been told some members are against postal votes is down to the fact "people from away don't understand local issues" and they should attend the AGM and get the full facts.I'm afraid that's insulting their intelligence.Let's hope the new committee are sensible enough to put in place strict bag limits and make sure members adhere to them, the river deserves nothing less.

Comment

Hi daisyone

I understand from talking to various members I have met that the concerns about postal voting is that the opportunity for debate is denied to all members, not just those in favour of postal voting.
      I completely understand the concerns of those that voted overwhelmingly against postal voting is that the only information that the members would receive to allow them to consider the proposals would be the views that committee members wish to distribute, ordinary members do not have the opportunity to put the opposing views, this is not democratic.
      The only way for fair debate to enable members to make a reasoned decision is for any member that wishes to influence the outcome of a vote is to attend the AGM, this has served the TTA very well over many years.
      Regarding that the TTA has 300 members, again someone is feeding you wrong information, I have been reliably informed the membership of the TTA is currently just over 200 not the 300 you mention I would also advise you that the AGM had one member of 99 years of age present, surely if he can make the effort others can, I’m fairly confident the 40 odd members that voted to dismiss the committee were not all local and had taken the trouble to travel to attend the meeting, surely this was because they were concerned about the way the association was being run.

Comment

Hi ERC, I couldn't attend the AGM as stated. I didn't need a debate as I knew exactly which way I was going to vote. Important proposals, I did my research, and yet denied a vote. What do you think I should have done in this situation. How many other members might have been in my position? You talk about democracy, how democratic is that? What if the new committee didn't influence the members when the proposals are distributed would that be the answer?

Comment

Working...
        X