West Ranga River Iceland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Ranga River Iceland

Some of you may have noticed that I have been quiet recently. Well I have not fished the Tywi much recently as I have been building brownie points for the trip of a lifetime. I came back from 5 days fishing the West Ranga river Iceland last Friday. Between 5 of us we managed 27 salmon, all on fly, most on the floating line and small flies. Salmon everywhere I managed 6. Our guides Eurgar and Sigui were brilliant. Worth noting that I tied up a lot of inch tubes with sunray shadow type flies. They were not that effective, but my size 10 and 12 wee sewin doubles which were in my box more by luck than judgement were pretty effective. The guides really liked our black n red combos, I left him our patterns. Never seen so many salmon, seems the ranching system works well for them, and its financed by local landowners.
    Tight Lines
    Aled

Da iawn Aled,indeed a trip of a lifetime,please show us any pic's you might have taken.

Comment

Will see what I can do TwmTwm.
      Cheers
      Aled

Comment

Lovely job Al |\

Amazing river and country. Very special place and very friendly people. Heading there very soon myself actually

TT.

Comment

Nice one TT you will enjoy.
          Tight Lines
          Aled

Comment

Working...
          X