No announcement yet.

fly swap 2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No probs guys and thanks to all that entered I'll post pics tomoz as it seems that people have had them |\ will have to do another soon
    theres no room at the inn... our country is full

Comment

Great Flies

A great set of flies arrived today - thanks to everyone who sent them in and especially to John for organising the swop.

Cheers

FHS

Comment

Ok here they are I have forgotten who tied some of them so u will have to tell me and I'll edit it

Johnevs

Fordfly

Garrydog

Lancsflyman

Mintylad

Diawlbach

TT

Aled
        Last edited by johnevs; 04-07-2014, 19:58.

Comment

Thanks again who took part. My mission this year is to catch fish on all flies on the swap ps the treble hooks I have given are prob not the best for this fly as the tail might wrap around would be better with a double, you can always use the trebble with one of your tube flies instead|\

Comment

Flies arrived today john thanks for your efforts can't wait to give them all a swim. Be fantastic to achieve your aim of catching a fish on each. I would be interested in your thoughts on how to fish my tying (the purple shrimpy thing) .

Thanks again and tight line's

Mintylad

Comment

That's a really nice tied fly that minty, not sure how I'd fish it really I suppose all flies are a bit Chuck and chance, but with the hen hackles there should be plenty of movement with it, be well worth a Chuck at night maybe|\

Comment

Mine's the squirrel & blue, I hope the wing dosen't drop out, I tried pulling them out before I sent them, so fingers crossed their okay. For those that have tied flies with squirrel will know that it's not the best material for holding in place.

Comment

The flies arrived this morning ,brilliant and all very nicely tyed . And a special thanks to John for the organisation.

Comment

Spot on, thanks for all the flies guys |\ well impressed and will give them a swim/swing this season for sure.

Thanks again for organising Johnevs.

TT.

p.s. mine was the small double and a simplified version of the Ponoi-Blue. It's a great early evening sea trout pattern.

Comment

managed 2 schoolies both fell to lancsflymans fly|\

Comment

Originally posted by fordfly View Post
                        managed 2 schoolies both fell to lancsflymans fly|\
                        Nice one fordfly
                        It's good to know you were sucessful, I haven't managed one on mine yet!
                        But I got 1 on TT fly

Comment

I've only just seen this thread but noticed that the fly by diawl Bach is very similar to the fly I've had 5 of my fish on this year.
                          Attached Files

Comment

The fly down for diawl Bach is the one I did for the swap (only now noticed). I've found it good for the grille later in the season.

Comment

Working...
                            X