No announcement yet.

Silver Stoats Tail

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But thats only if you have a box of flies you dont have faith in! Without experimenting withfly tying, common patterns today such as bloody butcher, the snake, surface lures and the humble silver stoats would not be in existence! All i can suggest is to take the flies out of your boxes that dont look right and then you will be left with fewer to choose between and those that are left you will have more confidence in

Comment

I aggree jj1, but aint it great when you catch something on one of em home made concoctions you tied up over the winter....:>
      Tight Lines
      Aled

Comment

silver stoat in doubles and 1/2'' & 3/4'' tubes
        teal and silver in a 12 single
        wullie gunn and cascade in 1/2'' & 3/4'' tubes

Had some fun with a old reservoir favourite from the 70's a single baby doll on a long shanked size 10. Tied with some spare off white arran wool

Comment

stoats tail

Hi Dalesman, do you not use stoat's tail dressed on size 6, 01 Wilson single hooks, they are fantastic for clear night waters.

I have also had success on 25/30 mm needle tubes dressed as stoat's tail flies.

I'm getting ready for mid - May, and the above flies will be at the top of my list, with the addition of silver stoat's tail flies.

Regards, HH.

Comment

Originally posted by holly View Post
            Hi Dalesman, do you not use stoat's tail dressed on size 6, 01 Wilson single hooks, they are fantastic for clear night waters.

I have also had success on 25/30 mm needle tubes dressed as stoat's tail flies.

I'm getting ready for mid - May, and the above flies will be at the top of my list, with the addition of silver stoat's tail flies.

Regards, HH.
            holly, going to some up. Nice one

Comment

Working...
            X