Surface Lures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lune Fishing

Hi there, you are correct about the Sea Trout run, however, quite a significant number avoided me!

We have a guest on a Wednesday from Fawcett's Fishing tackle shop in Lancaster, who had a Sunday rod at Arkholme a couple of seasons ago; he's a very good fisherman.

Many thanks for your kind photograph and advice, should you need to share a rod on Whittington then you are welcome.

holly.

Comment

Originally posted by holly View Post
      Hi there, you are correct about the Sea Trout run, however, quite a significant number avoided me!

We have a guest on a Wednesday from Fawcett's Fishing tackle shop in Lancaster, who had a Sunday rod at Arkholme a couple of seasons ago; he's a very good fisherman.

Many thanks for your kind photograph and advice, should you need to share a rod on Whittington then you are welcome.

holly.

Jonathon Staveley (the 'gentleman' you are referring to) goes around carrying a pocketful of maggots in is left wader pocket and a pocketful of worms in his right wader pocket. His nose is waaaaaaayyyyyyy too pointy and his eyes are too close together.

If you want a story to make you wet yourself laughing then next time you see him ask him about the otter that took a fancy to his sea trout in the Orchard Pool at Arkholme. We still refuse to let him live it down although in fairness he gives me back in sarcasm precisely twice as much as I give him |\

Many thank for the offer of a day on Whittington. I will of course take you up on it in 2014. This is of course providing you take a day with me at Rigmaden or Arkholme or both if you like
      www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

Surface Wake Fly

Hi there, thanks for the information regarding Jonathan, I'll certainly have a word with him. He usually fishes on a Wednesday as a guest.

My best night on Arkholme was in July 2005, my colleague and I had 16 Sea Trout between us, exactly eight each, to 7.5 lbs.

We will arrange a cast in 2014, I will look forward to meeting you.

The only reason I relinquished Arkholme ,is that we were hoping to move to the Carlisle area, so I informed Malcolm, so he could get someone else prior to the 2013 season.

Comment

My favourite Surface Pattern, a rather tatty looking simple thing, basically just a wodge of deer hair tied in at the head, spun and roughly trimmed.

Mike

Comment

Surface Wake Fly

Thanks Mike, very much appreciated.

holly.

Comment

I'm rather partial to a scruffy surface lure, but thats probably due to my lack of tying skills....
              Tight Lines
              Aled

Comment

Surface Wake Fly

Cheers Aled, do you use gink or, any other kind of floatant?

I can see the difference between a floating duck and a boat, with reference to fishing in the surface film and not on it.

To do this with a muddler, I can only think of applying gink to the top half and, leaving the bottom half to sit in the film.

holly.

Comment

Dont apply anything to mine are very scruffy versions of JJ's surface lure, ethafoam head and rather badly spun deer hair body. But over the years the fish havent seem to mind.m..thankfully!
                  Tight Lines
                  Aled

Comment

Surface Wake Fly

Cheers Aled, holly.

Comment

Working...
                    X