No announcement yet.

Sea Trout in broad daylight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many thanks for the help and encouragement guys. I really am well up for it now. I suppose that I am a Sewin virgin but I've had a few sea trout in Scotland. Well I have 5 or 6 days solid fishing to break my Welsh duck, no mrs bn, just me my fishing buddy a few beers and hopefully the Sewin. If anything else occurs to me then I will be after you again. Cheers once again......................birdsnest

Comment

Originally posted by birdsnest View Post
      Many thanks for the help and encouragement guys. I really am well up for it now. I suppose that I am a Sewin virgin but I've had a few sea trout in Scotland. Well I have 5 or 6 days solid fishing to break my Welsh duck, no mrs bn, just me my fishing buddy a few beers and hopefully the Sewin. If anything else occurs to me then I will be after you again. Cheers once again......................birdsnest
      Hey up mate!! No Mrs BN and thea canny get out at night!! Now Im worried lol
      CHEERS
      JOHN

My Fishing show (Im on the camera)
      http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g3...t00769-1-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Teifi-Terrorist View Post
        I bet it did!!! :> Nice one. Wish we had some sport like that on my home river.

TT.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by XL50 View Post
          Hey up mate!! No Mrs BN and thea canny get out at night!! Now Im worried lol
          No need to panic............If conditions are right and I get to know the river reasonably well then I might give it a punt. I don't see the point though if I don't know where I'm casting and it's potentially b. dangerous. So I suspect that we will be admiring the photos of our newly caught fish in the local hostelry.........................birdsnest

Comment

Have a look at the browns on the site mate

www.riverannan.co.uk/
            That would explain it. Thanks XL50. I've heard of these monsterous brownies on the Annan, but never fished for them. I have always headed for the Nith. However, I will be back up that way in July and must pay the Annan a visit this time. How was the sea trout run last year XL50? and what water would you recommend as being the prime water for the sea trout on the Annan?

Originally posted by springwell View Post

Bill
            ok, ok, on a regular basis! :>

Originally posted by birdsnest View Post
            No need to panic............If conditions are right and I get to know the river reasonably well then I might give it a punt. I don't see the point though if I don't know where I'm casting and it's potentially b. dangerous. So I suspect that we will be admiring the photos of our newly caught fish in the local hostelry.........................birdsnest
            Birdsnest; yours is the predicament and outlook of many starting sea trout fishing, so don't worry. It can be daunting, but the thought of it is often worse than the reality. My advice would be to walk your beats in the daytime, even have a light fish through them so that you know the wading lines, drop offs, bottom structure etc. then go back as the light fades. start as the sunsets and slowly ease yourself into darkness. When you start to feel uncomfortable just pack it in and return the following night, remembering that you've got a week. Start simple; floating line, single fly and perhaps a 10lbs leader since you're starting before dark.

It never really gets pitch black where you can't see what's going on. And when your eyes get use to the darkness it is actually surprising what you can see.

Give it a go birdsnest, but slowly does it. I'm confident that when you get that first pull you won't look back.

TT.

Comment

Pm sent as not to thread jack
              CHEERS
              JOHN

Comment

Thanks XL50, you're better behaved than me!!! :>

TT.

Comment

Please don't mind me chaps..........I might learn something........birdsnest

Comment

XL50, in regards to the photograph of the sea-trout, i notice that it has a rather yellow belly and fins. Do you think that the fish is not actually a sewin but a slob trout. Up where i fish we catch alot every season and we have had scales sent away for analysis and they have proved that they are slobs. No disrespect though its still a n amazing fish and well done.

Tight Lines
                    UF

Comment

Originally posted by Ugie Fisher View Post
                      XL50, in regards to the photograph of the sea-trout, i notice that it has a rather yellow belly and fins. Do you think that the fish is not actually a sewin but a slob trout. Up where i fish we catch alot every season and we have had scales sent away for analysis and they have proved that they are slobs. No disrespect though its still a n amazing fish and well done.

Tight Lines
                      UF
                      It was 15 miles up the river mate.
                      CHEERS
                      JOHN

Comment

How did your trip go birdsnest? did you enjoy your Teifi experience?

TT.

Comment

Working...
                        X