sewincaster or not!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teifi-Terrorist View Post
    Agree with Peter above, XL50, the polyleaders could be a versatile option for you. However, when fishing a single hander always go for the 5ft versions and always go for the salmon/steelhead version. The trout versions have too fine a breaking strain and the 10ft versions are a pain in the arse on a single hander - they do hinge.

The loop-to-loop is a great connection, but make sure you loop the right way. A lesson that I learnt very early on was never to loop the same loop, as confusing as that may first sound. The loop of the polyleader should be passed over the loop of the fly line, then the end of the polyleader threaded through the loop of the fly line and pulled through. A lot of people thread the loop of the polyleader through the loop of the fly line, then thread the end of the polyleader through the eye of the polyleader and pull tight. Power doesn't travel through as well, it's a bad connection and it will hinge more.

As for the lines; to be honest XL50 I doubt that you would see 'that' much difference between the clear tip and the di-3 sink-tips, as good as both lines are. I would tend to vary the weight of the flies and angle of the cast on e.g. the clear tip, which would help me gain more depth if needed. Of course, if I really wanted to get down deep then I would go on full sinkers.

TT.
    Im raising this thread back to life! Ive checked my poly leaders and they are 5' now I havnt got a clue if they are the trout or Salmon leaders. I put alot of thought into this and I am going to give then another go! They will be teamed up with my snowbee wf7 floater. Is there any way of knowing or checking the model I have?
    CHEERS
    JOHN

My Fishing show (Im on the camera)
    http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g3...t00769-1-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by XL50 View Post
      Im raising this thread back to life! Ive checked my poly leaders and they are 5' now I havnt got a clue if they are the trout or Salmon leaders. I put alot of thought into this and I am going to give then another go! They will be teamed up with my snowbee wf7 floater. Is there any way of knowing or checking the model I have?
      They key will be in the leader thickness at the end of the polyleader, XL50. If they look thin and limp then chances are they will the trout models and a big no-go for sea-trout. I think the salmon polyleaders have some 18lbs or 24lbs at the end.

As for the line; should be perfect with the smaller patterns, but may struggle when you up the game to heavier/larger tubes and surface lures etc. but give it a go and see how you get on. You may find that it's hard to load, or hinges a bit.

TT.

Comment

Working...
      X