Trout and Salmon this month is a belter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trout and Salmon this month is a belter

Having been a subscriber to Trout and Salmon for over twenty years I often get frustrated at the “how to catch a springer, summer fish and sea trout” articles?
    This months however was a real gem and like stepping back to those great T&S mags of the nineties.

Cover pic and main article by the Teifis own Steffan Jones up in North Wales on the beautiful river Conwy was a joy to read and automatically made me green with envy (always a good sign). Last year whilst staying in Criccieth we made the decision to cast our aspersions of coach loads of silver topped people aside and descend upon Betws-y-Coed and by God did we enjoy it
    Steffs article looks to be in the summer where spanking fresh salmon and sea trout are motoring about all those rivers on North Wales top side.
    I just hope Steff that you are aware of how annoying it is to hear you catch and lose salmon in as many casts and then call it a day? It’s that type of perfection exhibited by the Carpe-Diem Swedish contingent and yes they’ve also been notified and promptly replied that they’re fully aware of it lol. (All good fun of course)
    Id like to see a follow up article by Steff, taken in more classic settled night time conditions.

Originally posted by andyantiquefly View Post
    Having been a subscriber to Trout and Salmon for over twenty years I often get frustrated at the “how to catch a springer, summer fish and sea trout” articles?
    This months however was a real gem and like stepping back to those great T&S mags of the nineties.

Cover pic and main article by the Teifis own Steffan Jones up in North Wales on the beautiful river Conwy was a joy to read and automatically made me green with envy (always a good sign). Last year whilst staying in Criccieth we made the decision to cast our aspersions of coach loads of silver topped people aside and descend upon Betws-y-Coed and by God did we enjoy it
    Steffs article looks to be in the summer where spanking fresh salmon and sea trout are motoring about all those rivers on North Wales top side.
    I just hope Steff that you are aware of how annoying it is to hear you catch and lose salmon in as many casts and then call it a day? It’s that type of perfection exhibited by the Carpe-Diem Swedish contingent and yes they’ve also been notified and promptly replied that they’re fully aware of it lol. (All good fun of course)
    Id like to see a follow up article by Steff, taken in more classic settled night time conditions.
    Thank you, AAF, much appreciated.

It is a truly stunning river and a pleasure to fish, albeit under less than favourable conditions.

I will most certainly try and get back up there this year and hope the weather gods will be kinder this time around...

As an aside, I also did an article on the Mawddach / Wnion on the same trip, so I am hoping that will grace the magazine soon.

Thanks again for your kind words in the meantime,

TT / Steff

Comment

I read the Mawddach/Wnion article today. Another great article from Steffan, and a nice plug for Rob Redman. I also liked the look of Rob’s Blue Widow intruder fly so will tie up a couple of those to try next time I’m out on the Teifi.

Comment

Working...
      X