New net for night fishing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New net for night fishing

I broke my net last year by falling on it, The hoop is bent.
    My broken net is a Snowbee Gye salmon net - 24 inches.
    Any advice on a new net ?
    I like the look of Sharpe's teardrop grilse net, anyone got any experince of this net ?

Hi Jan,

I am a fan of the Fastnet fishing nets. They made a great sea trout version, but sadly stopped production - you may be lucky to find some old stock somewhere.

Failing that, Sharpes are excellent quality. I am sure you would be happy with their nets.

Depending on the style you're after, the Wychwood Rover Sea Trout also looks like a nice option - https://www.sportfish.co.uk/wychwood...shing-net.html

Tight lines,

TT.

Comment

Hello Jan

Having seen your post, I thought I'd mention that I have a new unused Sharpes 24" Gye Salmon net (with leather sling still in sealed plastic bag) which you can have for £45 if you're interested.

Kind regards

Huw

Comment

Hello TT,

Thanks for the advice, I will investigate the options.

I like the idea of a fold over net, but need to sort out some way of fixing it out of the way on my back.

All the best,

Jan

Hello Huw,

I'll be in touch when i've decided on the the net I want.

Thanks, Jan

Comment

I have a spare Fred Whitlock Sea Trout size flip net available, it has a ring frame and the extending handle, very strong and 100% reliable.
          Its had very little wear so it wouldn't be cheap and I would only consider selling it to another ST enthusiast.

The only reason why I would sell one is that I have two.

Comment

Thanks for all your input.

I have ordered a Fastnet fishing nets as TT recomended

Comment

Great stuff, hope you will be happy with that JAN. I now see that they are offering the style I prefer and personally use - http://www.fastnetsports.com/telesco...ut-grilse.html

Is that what you went for?

TT.

Comment

In the publicity the depth of the net bag looks huge but photographs can be very deceptive.
                Can you please tell me exactly how deep the net bag it is - from the floor to the frame - when your standing with both feet inside the net?

I ask because Im sometimes forced to lift a big fish up a steep bank and do so with the net held vertically and shallow bags give the fish the chance of flipping out.
                At present my two largest nets use a Sharpes mesh 34" deep and a Fastnet mesh at 40".

Many thanks.

Comment

Hi TT, that's the very net I have ordered.

They make them to orders so don't know the net depths yet.

All the best.

Comment

Originally posted by JAN View Post
                    Hi TT, that's the very net I have ordered.

They make them to orders so don't know the net depths yet.

All the best.
                    Perfect. I'm sure you will be very happy with it - mine is still going strong after many, many years.

Tight lines,

TT.

Comment

Working...
                    X