Night fishing nylon material

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night fishing nylon material

I have been a big fan of the Terry Eustace Pro Gold material for many, many years. However, they have changed the recipe of the 12lb material, making it limper and softer. I have lost confidence in it, so started shopping around for alternatives. I played around with a few, but now happy to recommend Gardner Hydro Tuff. I fish it in 12lb (0.35mm) and it's great stuff. Give it a go if you're looking for a bulk spool to last you a couple of seasons.

TT.

Originally posted by Teifi-Terrorist View Post
    I have been a big fan of the Terry Eustace Pro Gold material for many, many years. However, they have changed the recipe of the 12lb material, making it limper and softer. I have lost confidence in it, so started shopping around for alternatives. I played around with a few, but now happy to recommend Gardner Hydro Tuff. I fish it in 12lb (0.35mm) and it's great stuff. Give it a go if you're looking for a bulk spool to last you a couple of seasons.

TT.
    Thanks for putting me onto to this one TT. I’ve been using it for two seasons now and definitely second the recommendation. I also seem to lose less flies to trees than I used to with Pro Gold or Maxima.
    Does it come in a smaller spool, ie 100m? I’ve onky seen it in large.

Comment

Thanks TT, did you by any chance try the Gardner Hydro FLO as well? It seems to be more subtle and slightly thinner, the main benefit being it is available in smaller spools (300m).

Cheers,

Tom
      www.southerndeerservices.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by tom_o_m View Post
        Thanks TT, did you by any chance try the Gardner Hydro FLO as well? It seems to be more subtle and slightly thinner, the main benefit being it is available in smaller spools (300m).

Cheers,

Tom
        Hi Tom,

no, played around with a few and found the Hydro Tuff to be just the ticket, so stuck with it.

Tight lines.

TT.

Comment

Originally posted by silverstoat View Post
          Thanks for putting me onto to this one TT. I’ve been using it for two seasons now and definitely second the recommendation. I also seem to lose less flies to trees than I used to with Pro Gold or Maxima.
          Does it come in a smaller spool, ie 100m? I’ve onky seen it in large.
          Hi SS,

no worries, happy to help. As for spool size; no they basically created it for filling fixed spool reels of carp/coarse anglers, so never saw the need for smaller spools, I guess.

TT.

Comment

Thanks TT, I'm tempted to get some and just re-spool what I need on to a more manageable spool
            www.southerndeerservices.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by tom_o_m View Post
              Thanks TT, I'm tempted to get some and just re-spool what I need on to a more manageable spool
              Exactly what I do

Comment

Working...
              X