sea trout start to run

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re ouse

Salarex, thats fantastic news......he didn,t mention when he spoke to whom and when, but maybe he doesnt want to lose the trade at his fisherie? I had a look today as i was up that way, the pool area looks bigger to when i was up there a few years ago, and it is a good few years ago, no over hanging trees as i remember it, with fishermans mepps hanging off various over hanging trees! Only spotted one sea trout though, in the pool almost static, i reckon its fisherable with a fly, it was,nt too col0ured as it can be up there, do you agree? I understand you can wade do you know if thats true? Tight lines.:>

Comment

Very hard to fish that pool with the fly, because of the banks and the distance to cast. I'm not very good spey casting AND shooting 25 yards of line with a 10' rod.... which is what you need!

You can wade - but you have to be very careful. The sluices in the dam - right there at the head of the pool - are automatic. They suddenly open - and if you are in the pool you can say hello to Lewes!

Think you would have to wade in from the bottom and cast up the pool, retrieving back. The fish lie under the apron and in the slight water movement on the east bank. Hard to reach.

Colour seems to change with the tide....

Comment

Re ouse

Hi sal, don,t fancy the hi lewes bit! Imagine fishing it at night then........think you would need the life boat on standby, why don,t they make it a bit more user friendly there? I have a look a still think its do able, but if i was decided to wade i think i would take a length of rope and tie it around the nearest tree and use it as a means of a quick exit!|\

Comment

Drowning

Slightly concerned, since last post no reply, have you been washed out to sea?

Comment

Been overseas, not had a chance to fish!

Comment

Working...
            X