estuary fishing.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• estuary fishing.

At the risk of sounding stupid I have a little query. Does the season date apply when fishing in saltwater?

Many thanks

Mintylad.

Turas a' Bhradain

I believe it does in Scotland but they do a lot of sea-pool/estuary fishing on the Western Isles, not sure for England or Wales. Perhaps it's the species of fish that is protected?
    Have you seen the BBC Alba programme, Turas a' Bhradain (in Gaelic but with subtitles)? The whole series is on you-tube and one episode shows estuary fishing for sea-trout on the Isles.
    Tight salt-lines……

Comment

When the river season finishes,i do a bit of sea fishing off the beaches in west wales.Mainly Penbryn.Lots of dogfish,small dabs and turbot,but i have caught sea trout on strips of fish and wondered if they are takeable.I have always put them back.
      Mintylad.How are you doing with the Lymes disease.I was listening to a prog on
      radio 5 a couple of months ago and it can be a bad thing.There was a doctor treating dementia in the US and he said he had never had a patient who was not positive for Lymes.Years ago i used to fish in a pair of shorts and trainers.

Comment

Not stupid at all and a good question actually.

I would assume that they would be fine to target as they would be feeding fish that will not run the rivers until next summer. However, taking them would be a different matter, as the overall season would still apply - Octobr 17th? Again, I'm just guessing/assuming.

Would be good to know the official line on this.

TT.

p.s. see you Saturday with a little luck Mintylad - hope to have a proper chat this time.

Comment

From the information i can get, the close season for migratory fish applies also to inshore fisheries/waters, the these dates are determined by the district/area and any targeting of migratories must be done with the correct licence. But what happens when your targeting bass!

Comment

Gotta love a thread riddled with ambiguity! I would contemplate taking a salty sewin although you could guarantee it would be fresh. Just thought I'd thought I'd put it out there.

Mintylad.

Comment

Working...
            X