Spanker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spanker

I had a client booked with me on Sunday just gone who wanted some salmon fishing. Given the questionable weather conditions and very coloured water it seemed only right that I rang and gave them the choice to fish or not. They chose not to which left me free on Sunday. What was I gonna do? Go and fish myself of course.

At about 14lbs obviously not the biggest fish in the river and not even my biggest of this year.The fight however was the best I've had a fish put up either this or last year with the fish clearing the water 3 times. Bright silver scales depositing from the flanks and full of sea lice it brought it home to me (like I needed reminding) just why we fish
    Last edited by laffingravy; 25-08-2015, 09:18.
    www.silversalmon.co.uk

Welldone nice clean fish, on what river did you catch it on?

Comment

I took the fish on one of my middle beats of the River Lune. 1" long copper tube. A creation on which I have doing some development work for a couple of months. The fly has paid big dividends for me in smaller sizes. I rocked a couple up on Saturday night after I got home from guiding on the River Eden. I almost jumped into the shower and got straight into bed I am kinda glad now that I changed my mind.
      www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

Cracker |\

Comment

Lovely fish Geoff.

When do we get to see your 'magic' fly?!

Comment

In all fairness Simon we all know that the 'magic' fly is a thing of pure fantasy since no such thing exists and if it did I would want nothing to do with it. The pattern I have been working on and tweaking is probably no better and more than likely a damned sight worse than what you have in your own fly box. As regards the fish I was just incredibly lucky to swing a fly past a half asleep or half blind or half stupid salmon. Maybe even a combination of all three ~#
            www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

Outstanding Geoff....great to see something nice off the Lune...boat pool?
              Last edited by dave_n; 03-09-2015, 18:44.
              https://onthedangle.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
              X