Bloody Hell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloody Hell

This picture was sent to me by our river keeper. You can now see just how they take big lumps out of big sea trout, salmon and one even took a chunk out of one of my clients wading boot
    www.silversalmon.co.uk

BH

A truly prehistoric beasty indeed-reminds me a bit of my first wife.

Tomtom.

Comment

I once had an acquaintance with a girl from carmarthen who had a similar looking flesh "wound". She was called Stella cos you never went near her unless you were full to the eyeballs with the stuff.

::
      Mintylad.

Comment

That is minging

Comment

Originally posted by bat boy View Post
          That is minging

Yes it is minging but best you get used to it cos they are in the majority of our rivers.
          www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

Minging Specimen

Originally posted by laffingravy View Post
            Yes it is minging but best you get used to it cos they are in the majority of our rivers.
            Hi there LG.

What a horrible specimen, however, the river keeper on the Border Esk informed me "when the Lamprey run commences, the Sea Trout run immediately follows."

Have you seen them in the Lune?

Regards, HH.

Comment

Heyup Yorkshire,

There are lampreys in the Lune. I have seen them in numbers at Luneside Engineering below the weir. What I find particularly curious is the fact that when they reach Devils Bridge at Kirkby they grow at a phenomenal rate and become very aggressive. Rumour has if that a few anglers have lost their indifference when relieving themselves while night fishing for sea trout. One poor pilgrim got eaten by a pod of 2 or 3 of them. I think this happened just on the bridge at Underley Estate................BLIMEY are you fishing this weekend? :}
              www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

Loads of them in the Torridge in North Devon at this time of year, particularly in the lower river but its amazing how far upstream they will go. I've seen them crawling up the face of the weir using their mouths as suction!!

Comment

Lampreys in the Lune

Heyup Yorkshire,

There are lampreys in the Lune. I have seen them in numbers at Luneside Engineering below the weir. What I find particularly curious is the fact that when they reach Devils Bridge at Kirkby they grow at a phenomenal rate and become very aggressive. Rumour has if that a few anglers have lost their indifference when relieving themselves while night fishing for sea trout. One poor pilgrim got eaten by a pod of 2 or 3 of them. I think this happened just on the bridge at Underley Estate................BLIMEY are you fishing this weekend? :}
                  Hi LG, we are fishing Sunday night on the Lune.

If I see any of the above, I will intercept them, to protect the anglers at Rigmaden.

On a serious note I have only seem them in the Border Esk.

You have not mentioned Whittington Estate Fishing, so I can only assume that they run straight through this beat.

Regards, holly.

Comment

Originally posted by dB View Post
                    Loads of them in the Torridge in North Devon at this time of year, particularly in the lower river but its amazing how far upstream they will go. I've seen them crawling up the face of the weir using their mouths as suction!!
                    Hi dB, does the Sea Trout run immediately follow the Lamprey run, on the Taw?
                    Regards, holly.

Comment

Hi Holly,

Not sure about following, where I've seen them regularly on the lower river Torridge the sea trout are already running. Not sure about the Taw but imagine its the same.

didn't an old king die from a 'surfeit of lamprey', basically eating too many???

dB

Comment

Originally posted by dB View Post
                        Hi Holly,

Not sure about following, where I've seen them regularly on the lower river Torridge the sea trout are already running. Not sure about the Taw but imagine its the same.

didn't an old king die from a 'surfeit of lamprey', basically eating too many???

dB
                        Hi dB, I think I have heard about the above.

Have you tried the 1.5mm diameter needle tubes yet?

I have had success with the above in 15mm, 20mm and 25mm lengths dressed as silver stoat's tail.

Regards, HH.

Give me a call if you are ever in the vicinity of the River Lune, I'm quite sure we can find you some decent fishing. Prime time (mid - June to mid - August).

Comment

Sea Trout in the Lune

Heyup Yorkshire,

Hi LG, just had a conversation with our River Keeper, he informs me not many Sea Trout are being caught, however, Salmon Fishing is relatively good.

We are hoping to go to the Lune Wednesday night.

Is there a possibility that the Lampreys are taking all the Sea Trout?

Regards, holly.

Comment

Working...
                          X