Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks mate, that was the clips i was thinking about using. I had used the loop doubles before but will use these ones now i think. i will let you know how i get on with the snakes.

Comment

Steffan could you please tell me what the mylar tubing on the body is?
      It looks good.
      Tight Lines
      Aled

Comment

Originally posted by Aled View Post
        Steffan could you please tell me what the mylar tubing on the body is?
        It looks good.
        Tight Lines
        Aled
        Hia Aled,

it's from a company called 'Cascade-Crest' based in America. They have a great range of mylars at decent prices. Check out their site listings:

http://cascadecrest.com/index.php?op...d=12&Itemid=32

Further to that, Tuniwes put me on to this company, again based in America, that has a decent supply, and has a good supply of very thin mylar that I can't find elsewhere:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZladyflytyer

Steff.

Comment

Diolch Steffan
          Strangely enough i had a look at the Cascade web sitte last week whilst looking for a Xmas present for Dad, found what i was looking for on ebay,:>
          Tight Lines
          Aled

Comment

steff,
            I have tied some up but i didn't use the wire in the tubing as i first thought. So atached the clip to the braid where the hook is on yours, then used shrink tubing to secure the hook and also as a hot spot or target area on the fly if you use bright colours.. Will post some pics soon hopefully.

Regards UF

Comment

Would the likes of a small split ring as used on tobys but smaller tied in at back end of braid work,or what about putting the old fashioned swivel that used to come with lockable snap link
              If you made the loop slightly lager at rear,pass through eye of treble then slip hook backwords throgh loop and pull, you could then change hooks,only problem hook wearing braid,poss small bit of sillicone on braid an fitted in loop
              Last edited by allypally; 02-01-2009, 13:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugie Fisher View Post
                steff,
                I have tied some up but i didn't use the wire in the tubing as i first thought. So atached the clip to the braid where the hook is on yours, then used shrink tubing to secure the hook and also as a hot spot or target area on the fly if you use bright colours.. Will post some pics soon hopefully.

Regards UF
                Sounds interesting UF, look foward to seeing a snap! ~:.

Originally posted by allypally View Post
                Would the likes of a small split ring as used on tobys but smaller tied in at back end of braid work,or what about putting the old fashioned swivel that used to come with lockable snap link
                If you made the loop slightly lager at rear,pass through eye of treble then slip hook backwords throgh loop and pull, you could then change hooks,only problem hook wearing braid,poss small bit of sillicone on braid an fitted in loop
                I would personally prefer to keep the treble slightly more rigid or in-line AP, otherwise I think you'd find the treble doubling back a lot more. But hey, no reason why it's not worth a try!

TT.

Comment

If we dont suggest, or experiment how will we move on, that 1 solution out of the box of ideas,might just sow a thought,someone might better and benefit us all:>

Comment

Was on the salmon fishing forum see one of the posters has been thinking along these lines,has incorperated a small carp rig link at back and using silicone sleeve(as for tube fly) to keep hook in line and also allow hook changes,so ordered a couple of packs on ebay as a trial
                    (carp r us gizmo link) if i got it right
                    Last edited by allypally; 07-06-2009, 10:09.

Comment

I think you'd be far better off with these AllyPally:

http://www.sportfish.co.uk/product/m...fly-snap-hooks

Smaller, neater, safer (clip in tighter), lighter, and they wouldn't protrude too far back i.e. still looking like part of the fly without looking too elongated. Just slip a very small section of rubber - as done on waddingtons - over and you're good to go. |\

TT.

Comment

been keeping that one to yourself:>

Comment

Originally posted by allypally View Post
                          been keeping that one to yourself:>
                          Just drip feeding the information!! :>

TT.

Comment

great post guys. Sorry there is no pics up yet but i have lost those flies in the cupboards or in my flytying stuff. Anyway i am going to tie up another batch this weekend so will post these next week hopefully.

Tight Lines UF

Comment

Originally posted by Ugie Fisher View Post
                              great post guys. Sorry there is no pics up yet but i have lost those flies in the cupboards or in my flytying stuff. Anyway i am going to tie up another batch this weekend so will post these next week hopefully.

Tight Lines UF
                              Get your act together UF!! :>

Looking forward to seeing them mate.

TT.

Comment

Working...
                              X