Dai Ben fly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dai Ben fly

Does anyone know the correct tying for the Dai Ben fly once famous on the Tywi? i have been asked to tye some but am unsure of the recipe!

There is a piece in Steffan's new book about the Dai Ben fly, contributed by Moc Morgan explaining its history and dressing along with a picture. Well worth a read ! It is an easy fly to tie and I have already accumulated a collection of them ready for when the serious sewin fishing starts in June.

Hook - 6 to 10
    Tail - honey dun hackle fibres (optional)
    Body - rabbit fur
    Rib -Silver tinsel
    Hackle - Honey dun

I did not have honey dun hackles but I found some of a similar colour on an indian cape that I had, and the finished fly looks identical to the one in the book. Really looking forward to fishing them once the fish arrive.

Comment

Originally posted by mepps4me View Post
      There is a piece in Steffan's new book about the Dai Ben fly, contributed by Moc Morgan explaining its history and dressing along with a picture. Well worth a read ! It is an easy fly to tie and I have already accumulated a collection of them ready for when the serious sewin fishing starts in June.

Hook - 6 to 10
      Tail - honey dun hackle fibres (optional)
      Body - rabbit fur
      Rib -Silver tinsel
      Hackle - Honey dun

I did not have honey dun hackles but I found some of a similar colour on an indian cape that I had, and the finished fly looks identical to the one in the book. Really looking forward to fishing them once the fish arrive.
      Thanks for the info mepps, will have to tye a few for my own box as well and Steffs book is on my shopping list

Comment

Working...
      X