X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teifi-Terrorist View Post
    They look good enough to eat, James

The difficult thing with this pattern is the amount of different elements. You have to juggle the amount of turns to balance the profile - not easy when hackling teal, for example. However, I think you have done a good job and they will certainly catch.

This has been primarily used as a point fly with the daioni on the dropper. However, it could certainly be used on the dropper too with a tube etc. on the point. Also worth making a couple on doubles, so that they will fish better as a point fly and balance the cast a bit better.

Good job and thanks for sharing |\

Steff
    Hi Steff,

Many thanks for the extra info. I experimented with tying a double this evening, and will make up a few more.

I've got a week's holiday on the Teifi booked in early August so am looking forward to trying them there soon.

Cheers,

James

Comment

I've been tying up some teal, blue and silver versions for early season sea trout. TT's purple version accounted for most of my Teifi sewin last season, and I'm hoping the one below might work on the River Fowey this week. I've blanked the last four nights though...

TT - which brand of flat braid are you using for these now? I'm running out of the Guideline salar synthetic that I've been using so need to buy a replacement.

Last edited by silverstoat; 01-06-2017, 18:52.

Comment

Veniards Flat Holographic Braid, SS. Works a treat |\ cheaper than most of the carded stuff and also a bit finer, so easier to work with on the smaller flies without amassing a bulky head.

Tight lines. Looks like the runs are late all over on the sewin front though, sadly. I say late, because I hope that is the case rather than not existing...

TT.

Comment

Originally posted by Teifi-Terrorist View Post
          Veniards Flat Holographic Braid, SS. Works a treat |\ cheaper than most of the carded stuff and also a bit finer, so easier to work with on the smaller flies without amassing a bulky head.

Tight lines. Looks like the runs are late all over on the sewin front though, sadly. I say late, because I hope that is the case rather than not existing...

TT.
          Many thanks TT - will order the Veniards. |\

I fished five consecutive nights on the Fowey this week without any sea trout. :: I saw three jump all week so some had entered the river and appeared to be travelling as they weren't in the same pool the next night. Let me know when the Teifi sewin start running in earnest as I'll come over for a couple of nights.

Comment

Originally posted by silverstoat View Post
            Many thanks TT - will order the Veniards. |\

I fished five consecutive nights on the Fowey this week without any sea trout. :: I saw three jump all week so some had entered the river and appeared to be travelling as they weren't in the same pool the next night. Let me know when the Teifi sewin start running in earnest as I'll come over for a couple of nights.
            Will do, SS. All quiet at the moment, but lets see what this rain brings...

TT.

Comment

Hi SS was on the teifi over the bank holiday staying at the campsite at cenarth, river was very low but there were some big fish pushing through. Entered the top of the run at camp site was about a foot into the river just getting my line off the reel when a fish 10lb+ jumped right next to me. I rekon if I had held out my landing net it would have jumped in it was that close. Certainly got the old juices flowing. With all this rain they must be rocketing through and hopefully the odd salmon. I see your in glos I live in Cheltenham I know it's a big county but your welcome to pop round for a bite to eat and a flying tying session. As long as you don't mind a grumpy teenager(exams) and four friendly gundogs!
              Cheers trotters

Comment

Working...
              X