X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slurry

interesting report on BBC Wales
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bcyrw9

Thanks GD , im not holding my breath. They seem to talk a lot, but very little seems to get done in the long-term.

Comment

I agree Twmtwm.How long is it now since the Tregaron slurry explosion.20 months??
      I have not read of anyone being held responsible/prosectuted.Perhaps I have missed something?

Comment

No ,on going. Waiting for everyone to forget no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by grey duster View Post
          I agree Twmtwm.How long is it now since the Tregaron slurry explosion.20 months??
          I have not read of anyone being held responsible/prosectuted.Perhaps I have missed something?
          Not missed anything, GD

Coming up on two years and no progress to report, or certainly that NRW are willing to report on anyway. I agree with Twm-Twm; probably waiting for it to be forgotten and swept under the carpet.

The digester in question did not have planning in place and were applying for retrospective planning a couple of months ago. I did a detailed objection on behalf of the club and also then to their alterations that were submitted a few weeks later. Some of the comments and then guidelines were/are a total joke and I did copy NRW in on it all to make them accountable and to make them aware of their shortcomings. I did also copy the local AM and MP on the responses, so that they are aware of it all. No idea what came of the submission, but hoping a modicum or common sense will prevail - too much to ask?

TT.

Comment

Well done TT.
            I objected to retrospective planning for the digester, at Tegaron,definitely more than a couple of months ago.I then had a letter from the Council asking if I wanted to continue with my objection?Objected again,but have heard nothing since.I suppose the slurry incident that went down the stream past the Coop car park in Lampeter has been totally forgotten?

Comment

Take a look at this;

https://www.gaiadiscovery.com/planet...nd-agriculture

Comment

Originally posted by grey duster View Post
                Well done TT.
                I objected to retrospective planning for the digester, at Tegaron,definitely more than a couple of months ago.I then had a letter from the Council asking if I wanted to continue with my objection?Objected again,but have heard nothing since.I suppose the slurry incident that went down the stream past the Coop car park in Lampeter has been totally forgotten?
                Same here, GD. Have not heard anything from the Council since.

As for the second digester that failed; NRW's official response on that was that because there were no fish kills etc. they were not going to pursue it. Instead, they sent them a harshly worded letter. Yes, I am being serious, sadly...

TT.

Comment

I was told by an official of NRW,that the stream through the Coop car park at Lampeter is an important migratory route.What does it matter,they are only fish

Comment

Working...
                  X