Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mindless vandalism!

Morning all.

I fished the teifi yesterday morning and after battling with a brisk upstream wind til mid afternoon I decided to "chuck some tin" on the Towy for an hour on the way home. I decided to fish at the weir on the Capel Dewi side. Due to historical unauthorised fishing, poach or what I like to call it STEALING a combination padlock and chain is in place to try to keep the thieves out. I was only to discover that some clever so and so had doused the numbers of the lock with superglue. There is an issues with STEALING on another beat with the response from those responsible stating that the water is tidal. Whether the water is affected by the tide or not the point of access to the fishing is most definitely not so unless these men walk along the tide line they are in fact trespassing. After a quick scratch with a key the glue was removed and the lock works again and I continued to blank again. I have been informed that certain measures are going to be implemented to alleviate this from happening again. If men really want to fish the water maybe they should pay their subs like the rest of us and then I am sure they will be more than welcome. It pains me to think that this mentality exists amongst men who take part in our sport and I hope that when they are caught their names are put in the local press and has a river wide ban.

Mintylad.::
Working...
X