Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swop shop

Evening gents

I was wondering whether any body would be interested in a swop shop of tying materials. I have boxes of stuff that I don't use and I'm sure that I am not alone. I'm suggesting that we all post stuff we don't want and if there is anything we want from someone else list a mutual swap could be organised. I don't know if this has been tried before or whether this would be allowed on the forum but any feedback would be cool. I'll look forward to your opinions.

Many thanks

Richy

I'll do it I'll like to swap a white cock cape only a few feathers used as their a bit on the big side and two super snaeldas had two sizes and these two are a little on the heavy side for me I'll post pics soon |\
    theres no room at the inn... our country is full

Comment

Oh and great idea mintylad |\
      theres no room at the inn... our country is full

Comment

multi- coloured swop shop

Originally posted by mintylad View Post
        Evening gents

I was wondering whether any body would be interested in a swop shop of tying materials. I have boxes of stuff that I don't use and I'm sure that I am not alone. I'm suggesting that we all post stuff we don't want and if there is anything we want from someone else list a mutual swap could be organised. I don't know if this has been tried before or whether this would be allowed on the forum but any feedback would be cool. I'll look forward to your opinions.

How dumb am i? Just gone to the bottom of the page and there it is in all its glory-a classified section!!!
        Many thanks

Richy
        Hello Mintylad

I've often thought; why don't we have a 'classifieds' section on here for people to buy, sell and swop stuff?(which we all have lots of i'm sure.) Your post has brought it back to mind and personally, i think it would be a good idea. Probably mostly only involve local members but who knows? As you know, you can buy anything from around the world these days and have it in your hands in a few days. If you haven't already; have a look at the 'salmon fishing forum'-very good website, worldwide and a great classified-bought a lovely spinning reel from Alaska last year-Alaska! Its a Diawa that isn't made for UK market and a beaut. (more bearings than a scout group.)

So yes to that one, how about it T.T.- can we have something please?

thanks

Tom.|\|\
        Last edited by Thom; 09-03-2015, 20:24.

Comment

Thom

There is already a "classified" section I just like the idea of swapping stuff without involving money. So long as both parties are happy with the arrangement I find it a lot nicer way of dealing with things. It's like the old saying "fair exchange is no robbery"

Cheers

Richy

Comment

Fine by me gents and the classifieds section is already there to be utilised for this as and when needed. The Classifieds section gets very little use as it is, so little reason to create a new section specifically for this - hope that's ok.

There are some simple rules/guidelines for the classifieds section that should be adhered to but beyond that fill your boots and thanks for taking the forum forward |\

TT.

Comment

Can I swap my wife please for something younger and less bad tempered? Failing this I will take ten bob and a packet of yellow marabou for her :?
              www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

I can help you out with the younger model but I think the temper is down to their genetic make up! So long as you are not with them I have found their mood to be quite irrelevant
                :@

Comment

Swop shop

Originally posted by laffingravy View Post
                  Can I swap my wife please for something younger and less bad tempered? Failing this I will take ten bob and a packet of yellow marabou for her :?
                  Geoff

There are a lot of us in the same boat with that one. Another good reason to go fishing where its nice and peaceful.~#(usually.)

Comment

Buying from N America

Originally posted by Thom View Post
                    bought a lovely spinning reel from Alaska last year-Alaska! Its a Diawa that isn't made for UK market and a beaut. (more bearings than a scout group.)

Tom.|\|\
                    Hi Tom
                    I've often been tempted to purchase from the states - did you get caught for any import taxes?

Cheers
                    Mike

Comment

Hi Milvus

Yes, its a bit like vat in a way; HMRC tax you to import it into UK: 20% on the purchase on anything that costs over £15 (but not incl any postage) so, a £100 item would cost you £120. You only pay the purchase price and postage to the seller and Royal Mail keep the item at their local depot until you pay the tax, which is normally delivered by letter via Royal Mail from HMRC-when you've paid it, they deliver it. Sometimes the procedure works a bit differently. Once i bought an item and i paid a cheque in at the Horeb sorting office and they gave me the item then; RM once delivered one, wrongly, and postman had to call back and ask me to pay-gave him a cheque. In any case, its still fairish as the stuff is considerably cheaper than here or more likely, you just cant get it in UK. If you do a little bit of research on the item you want before you commit to buy its easy to establish if you're still getting a 'bargain.' You can of course(i assume we're talking ebay here) search their other european sites for the same or similar items and you often find that they are as cheap as usa and of course, there is no import duty to pay.

thnaks

Tom.|\

Comment

Hi Tom
                        thanks for the info |\
                        Mike

Comment

Working...
                        X