Welsh Fly Fair

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steff,

They be in another river, here be dragons.

Hic sunt dracones

Bill
    Last edited by springwell; 20-04-2011, 20:02.

Comment

Poor?

Very poor compared to last year, reasons?

1. No advertising or listing of attendees.

2. Hot Easter weekend, should have been on before the season started.

3. The number of stalls and fly tyers significantly less than last year.

4. The cost £7 to enter one semi-deserted hall.

However, it was great to meet all who turned up and have a good natter.

Bill

Comment

Couldn't agree more Bill, sadly. It was a very poor show. I thought the layout was much better, the tyers in the middle, and the room was a significant improvment, but that's about it.

Some great fly dressers onboard - great to see Dai.J and Dai.C busy at work and tying some superb flies. John Graham, mad as ever, but what a legend! I can't wait to start editing my 32gb of video, just on John!!!! :> Then other greats and fantastic ambassadors of the sport such as Moc Morgan, who was looking very well, and is just full of fantastic stories and banter.

Great to have caught up with quite a few people, but really sad that it failed to such a monumental degree. Let's hope they manage to pull it back for next year, but it may become a case of once bitten twice shy, sadly.

I've got some photos and I'll post them soon.

TT.

Comment

It would be a shame if its not on next year, as per 2010, there is obviously market for it. But one advantage of the low turn out was plenty of one-on-one tuition with the tiers. As mentioned before it would better if it was held around early/mid March.

Steff,

Would be interested to hear if you have any success this year with those big tube flies patterns that you were tying.

If I don't see you all before, will be at Gelli Aur and the CLA later this year.

David

Comment

Truly looking forward to watching the film bits; keep (the greater) us posted (bad pun intended).

Fred Evans

Comment

Working...
            X