Flies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flies

Here i have a few flies I have just finished tying for an order , also they have been taking a few fish.

The fish caught on the above patterns by myself and mates this season.

The above patterns are for sale , Thanks for looking ~:.

Dai.
    Last edited by cullster; 09-07-2010, 15:49.

Dai, Some stunning tie's mate, and and some good fish to boot.

Dai.
    Any Day with a Y in it, is a good day to go fishing.

http://daijonesflies.blogspot.com/

Comment

Cheers Dai ~:.

Comment

I'll second that |\

Comment

Thanks mate ~:.

Comment

Are these the ones you have tied for one of my clients Dai? If so, he is going to be VERY impressed, as am I.

Fantastic bit of tying there Dai, as per usual.

I can 100% recommend Dai for sea-trout flies and have used him several times in the past when clients come through wanting some flies tied by someone that knows what the fish will want, rather than the mass produced stuff they're usually confined to.

Spot on. Well done mate. |\

Steff.

Comment

Cracking looking flies there again. |\
              I'd quite happily use any one of those patterns.
              Just a question, have you ever used black insulation tape for tube or waddington fly bodies?
              For tyers like me who's tying skills are not very good, they make a nice streamlined body and the sewin don't seem to mind.
              Tight Lines
              Aled

Comment

Yes , they are the ones Steff thanks , I hope he gets to give them a swim. Hi Aled no , but can see where you are coming from |\ and with different coulour tapes you can play about , shall try some on my next batch , thanks for the tip ~:.

Dai.

Comment

Originally posted by Aled View Post
                  Cracking looking flies there again. |\
                  I'd quite happily use any one of those patterns.
                  Just a question, have you ever used black insulation tape for tube or waddington fly bodies?
                  For tyers like me who's tying skills are not very good, they make a nice streamlined body and the sewin don't seem to mind.
                  Tight Lines
                  Aled
                  Aled, You could use the tape, but you would have to seal it. or use a rib as the water would get under neath and lift it,

Dai.
                  Any Day with a Y in it, is a good day to go fishing.

http://daijonesflies.blogspot.com/

Comment

Cheers guys, yes Dai you're right about the tape, but its worth noting that anything that can stay on a rugby players head for eighty minutes, should last a nights sewin fishing, in theory (Only joking Dai.... i bought a scrum cap :>)
                    Yes i use a rib on a tape body, i particulalrly like using vivid red for a hairwing version of the red mackrel on which i use a copper rib.
                    Tight Lines
                    Aled

Comment

Dai; the gent that you tied for was over the moon with his fine selection. I think that he christened them on the first night on the Towy!! A comment from one of my guides on the Towy was; are you the person that supplies Farlows?! Which highlights the quality of your tying Dai.

I'm guiding him on the Teifi tonight, so let's see if we can get them to work over West.

TT.

Comment

Glad he is was happy with them Steff and even better they had him fish , Farlows! Tell him thanks Steff I appreciate the feed back , perhaps I should give Max Sardi a ring to see if he has any work for me :> hope you are well mate hope to catch up soon.

Dai.

Comment

Working...
                        X