This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple Sea-trout Tube fly video

I've been messing around with some video editing software and decided to do a simple tube fly video. It was shot over my shoulder, which was not easy, as I was constantly at an angle. I'll do it face on next time I think, but should be of use to some of you I hope:

Thanks,

TT.

Great stuff mate |\

Comment

Cheers Dai, thanks for checking it out, not that you of all people need to see how to tie a tube fly!!! :>

Hope to see you at the show at the weekend, hopefully in a professional capacity???

Steff.

Comment

great video steff thanks for posting |\

Comment

Hi Steff :> will definitely be a professional capacity this year mate as the boy cleaned out the bank last year so he is stopping with mum , had a chat with Mr Jones and will be there for 8.30 , so , if you are there before me bacon sarnie brown sauce and a coffee , white one sugar , cheers mate.

Comment

As long as you don't start demanding blue skittles and sparkling water from Nepal I'm sure it could be accommodated!! :>

See you there.

Steff.

Comment

:> Ok mate no water from Nepal but try your best with the skittles lol , see you Saturday.

Dai

Comment

Excellent Video

Just got one of that type of pin vise from the UK and your set up told me everything I needed to know about how to set up/use same.

Fred

Comment

Thanks Fred. To be honest I got my HMH vice from the US and would highly recommend it above and beyond a standard pin version, especially if you intend tying on standard tubes, bottle tubes etc. As it makes life a lot easier and does give you a better hold for sure.

TT

Comment

Missed this post Steff, great job and tying. must start trying to video my step by steps, must be the way to go now.
                    What did you use to do the filming?

Keep up the good work, and nice to catch up with you guys at the show.

Dai.|\

PS, Can't wait to see the one, you did with John at the show.
                    Last edited by daijones; 02-05-2011, 09:37.
                    Any Day with a Y in it, is a good day to go fishing.

http://daijonesflies.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Teifi-Terrorist View Post
                      Thanks Fred. To be honest I got my HMH vice from the US and would highly recommend it above and beyond a standard pin version, especially if you intend tying on standard tubes, bottle tubes etc. As it makes life a lot easier and does give you a better hold for sure.

TT
                      Good choice on the HMH vise, that's the one I use for 99% of my work. Bye the bye the 'back story' on the name is a bit humorous. Guy used to make these in the front room of his house, lathes, drill press,' etc.

Anyway, when the Postal guy would pick up boxes headed out to customers he (apparently) referred to the place as 'His Messy House.' It stuck.

Fred

Comment

You might be quite amazed at the number of 'Murican' tiers follow folks like ..

Dai Jones postings of his step by steps. And I be one of those.
                        |\

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by fredaevans View Post
                          Dai Jones postings of his step by steps. And I be one of those.
                          |\

Fred
                          Fred, thank you very much for your comments.

Dai~:.
                          Any Day with a Y in it, is a good day to go fishing.

http://daijonesflies.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by daijones View Post
                            Missed this post Steff, great job and tying. must start trying to video my step by steps, must be the way to go now.
                            What did you use to do the filming?

Keep up the good work, and nice to catch up with you guys at the show.

Dai.|\

PS, Can't wait to see the one, you did with John at the show.
                            Hey Dai,

sorry, missed your post. The filming was done on my new 'toy' that you saw at the show. :> A rather cumbersome creature to have on your shoulder as you tie.

As for John' film, that will take some time, but should be worth the wait. I am going to try and take some sections out of it to begin with, such as when I was asking him about surface lures etc. The guy really is a legend.

Steff.

Comment

He sure is Steff :> look forward to the clip or I think I will agree and say film when you post it.

Dai |\
                              Last edited by cullster; 03-05-2011, 10:23.

Comment

Working...
                              X