Waders Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waders Help

Looking for some suggestions on waders for the river!! The issue i have is that i have large legs & struggle to get into most & even if I do they are really uncomfortable. The only ones I have had chance to try on that fits ok is the Ocean 700g PVC wadders, but the worry I have in these is sweating & warm weather. I wont be doing much after dark fishing when its cooler so anyone got any suggestions? Breathable wadders seem to be the answer but they all look pretty tight fitting. Not sure what to do.

Thanks in advance

Griff

i have a pair of new patagonia waders xl size for sale if that helps

Comment

Speycaster,

Do you have a link i can look at the item. Are they generous sizes on the leg? Because thats my issue i cant get them to fit my legs

Griff

Comment

A slightly more expensive route, but perhaps worth entertaining:

http://www.andrewtoft-flyfishingequi...measure-waders

Simms also offer a similar service.

TT.

Comment

when you say you cant get them to fit your legs is that because of the width or the length

Comment

Google Diver Dave & send/phone him your measurements & he should be able to sort you out.
            Did a fantastic job me with a pair of Visions, shortened the leg, put smaller boots on & seam sealed them, 3 years on they have outlasted any waders I have had before. Probably because they fit perfectly!

Comment

Originally posted by speycaster View Post
              when you say you cant get them to fit your legs is that because of the width or the length
              Width speycaster. Really large calves nd thighs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sawyer View Post
                Google Diver Dave & send/phone him your measurements & he should be able to sort you out.
                Did a fantastic job me with a pair of Visions, shortened the leg, put smaller boots on & seam sealed them, 3 years on they have outlasted any waders I have had before. Probably because they fit perfectly!
                Sawyer,

I have been given his name on another post & have added him on Facebook so ill get in touch. However you say you had yours shortened, the problem I got isn't length of my legs but the width. Got large calves that make really uncomfortable. Does he deal with all sizes?

Comment

Diver Dave does an ok job but the problem is that he uses a lot of Aquasure inside waders on the seams. Once you get the waders on they can be a bloody nightmare to take off again. I sent him a pair of six hundred quid leaky Simms G4Z's. They are now unwearable. If you are struggling to get a comfortable fit with large calves in chest waders have a look at Vision ikon Zip. If you get the king fit size then I think you might be ok. It might be worth finding a Vision Fishing retailer and asking that they let you try a pair before buying some. If you click on this SIZE CHART LINK it might be some use to you regarding sizing. The things are very lightweight and are extremely comfortable to wear.
                  www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by laffingravy View Post
                    Diver Dave does an ok job but the problem is that he uses a lot of Aquasure inside waders on the seams. Once you get the waders on they can be a bloody nightmare to take off again. I sent him a pair of six hundred quid leaky Simms G4Z's. They are now unwearable. If you are struggling to get a comfortable fit with large calves in chest waders have a look at Vision ikon Zip. If you get the king fit size then I think you might be ok. It might be worth finding a Vision Fishing retailer and asking that they let you try a pair before buying some. If you click on this SIZE CHART LINK it might be some use to you regarding sizing. The things are very lightweight and are extremely comfortable to wear.
                    If your having trouble getting your waders on and off because of the coating inside them give them a couple of shots of talcum powder every now and then.
                    You can get the unscented talc just about anywhere, you'll not have any trouble after that.

Tight lines and dry feet

Cap
                    Last edited by steelheadnut; 16-07-2016, 12:52. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by steelheadnut View Post
                      If your having trouble getting your waders on and off because of the coating inside them give them a couple of shots of talcum powder every now and then.
                      You can get the unscented talc just about anywhere, you'll not have any trouble after that.

Tight lines and dry feet

Cap
                      Yes you could of course walk around with your clothing full of white powder like some half crazed cocaine addict. You could of course just not fill your waders with Aquasure in the first place.

I guess now I know what you mean by tight 'lines'
                      www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

In all honesty I have never had a problem with any waders done by DD, that is 3 pairs for me (one for bass & 2 for the rivers), both my lads have had similar from him & never had an issue getting them off. Waders are not the easiest garment to de-robe & I would rather be dry & struggle than have water seeping down my legs on a cold February/October morning!! One of my sons has a similar problem to you in the calves dept & he bought a much larger pair & DD "took them in". I think badly fitting waders have less than half the life span of properly fired ones as the wear points are not accounted for in the manufacturing process.

Comment

In all honesty I had loads of problems getting mine off when I tried them on after Diver Dave repaired the leaky leg. That was why I binned them and bought some more.
                          www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

Just an update, I have spoken to Diver Dave on Facebook & he has advised me that he pretty sure I will get into most of the Orvis ranges, so going to find a local stockist to try few pairs on. He's pretty confident these will suite my issue. If not he will then look into other options. So fingers crossed, need to find a store that stocks them first. Nothing in town with me so going to ring few places tomorrow

Comment

It is your own money you are spending and therefore your own choice as to what you buy. If I were you however and you want Orvis waders then buy them directly from Orvis. I suggest this because when they leak as Orvis waders always do you can send them back to Orvis for replacements. Alternatively of course you could send them to Diver Dave and buy yourself an industrial sized container of talcum powder.
                              www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X