T14 Sinking Tips - Custom Made

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T14 Sinking Tips - Custom Made

Good day to all. I am selling some custom made T14 sinking tips. I am sure that you all know what the designation means but for those of you who don't there is 14 grains of tungsten in every foot of tip. The sink rate is about 9" per second so they work very well for slowing down the swing of the fly in a chunky flow of water. How are they customised I hear you ask? They will be tailored to your own individual length requirements and have a loop welded front and rear end. All you need to do is attach them to your fly line and off you go and catch some fish.

Please note fish are not included.

Price will be £12.00ea including postage to UK Mainland. Please contact me if you require multiple batches and we can negotiate a quantity discount.

Upon receipt of your order I will need a day or so to produce them prior to dispatch.

Happy fishing,

Geoff
    www.silversalmon.co.uk

jeff how long do you reckon i need them mate i use my 14 ft sage most of the time

Comment

What line do you use on it Billy? I would be more concerned with the line you are using more so than the rod.
      www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

Are these similar to mow tips?

Mintylad

Comment

Originally posted by mintylad View Post
          Are these similar to mow tips?

Mintylad

MOW tips are density compensated with a specified length of full sink material and the rest of the tip made up of a lighter density material. Every tip is the same length and the same weight as the others in the set. For example if you get a 10ft MOW tip with 5ft of T material in it you also get 5ft of floating section which makes up a full tip length of 10ft. I belive that you can only get MOW tips at 10ft long. My tips are one continuous length of sinking T14 material which is cut to your required length and has a hot welded loop both ends. Subject to how things proceed with this I may be extending into T11 and T17 but I need to assess whether enough interest is made to make this scheme cost effective. I have been tinkering around with welding flylines since my last instructors assessment. I have invested in a gas hot gun and an electric hot gun, a load of heat shrink tubing and a very large drum of T14 material. I already weld loops on most of my flylines. Making tips seemed like the next logical step. Making MOW type tips is something that I may eventually move towards but getting the weights of every tip equal to each other is beyond the equipment that I currently have at my disposal.
          www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

its rated 9 weight mate but it needs a 7/8 in the rio versi tip mate
            Last edited by speycaster; 07-02-2016, 16:56.

Comment

Working...
            X