Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing in France

Hi all were off to Northan France near Morliax soon on family hols

Looking to do some fly fishing river lake or sea anyone had any experience or able to point me in the right direction

Seem to remember a few posts from a French guy with some great sewin pics |\

Thanks bb

Hi BB,

One of the best rivers for sea trout is the Touques river, which flows through Normandy. It's fish counter recorded nearly 2400 sea trout in July, and over 4500 for the year to date. If you Google Touques and truite de mer you'll see they catch plenty of double figure fish. There are salmon and sea trout in the Brittany rivers, albeit with smaller runs. The sea bass fishing in Brittany is apparently very good.

This link here has info on the rivers in the Morlaix region.

This Fishtec blog (link) has info on getting a fishing permit.

Tight lines, and have a good holiday. |\
    Last edited by silverstoat; 14-08-2016, 17:55. Reason: Added links

Comment

Nice one SS much appreciated
      Hopefully I'll have something to report back :>

Comment

Would be interested in your findings!!

Comment

Originally posted by silverstoat View Post
          Hi BB,

One of the best rivers for sea trout is the Touques river, which flows through Normandy. It's fish counter recorded nearly 2400 sea trout in July, and over 4500 for the year to date. If you Google Touques and truite de mer you'll see they catch plenty of double figure fish. \
          I confirm Touques river is very nice for sea trout fishing. According to local anglers the 2016 season is not very good, but my son has been quite successfull.

Last edited by cmi; 25-08-2016, 13:17.

Comment

That is what I call a real holiday location.

Thanks for posting the photographs, but Im not really envious, not really ~#

Comment

Working...
            X