New rod build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New rod build

Im building a sage method switch 11'9 8wt and a sage method 15' for my dad, just a few pics of the wraps before epoxying
    Attached Files

Another pic
    Attached Files

Comment

Hardy spinning rod rebuilt using fuji braid anti tangle guides for a friend
      Attached Files

Comment

Sage one switch rod 11'6 7wt build
        Attached Files

Comment

The rod lathe ready to build sage one switch
          Attached Files

Comment

Sage One Switch

Hi,
            Could you let me know where you brought the blanks from please?

Im seeking a 6/7 Switch narrowed down to a Guidline, Sage and Orvis with a backup option of a Chinese cheapy.

If I could find mid to tip action blanks I might just be tempted to go for a self or custom build.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick B View Post
              Sage One Switch

Hi,
              Could you let me know where you brought the blanks from please?

Im seeking a 6/7 Switch narrowed down to a Guidline, Sage and Orvis with a backup option of a Chinese cheapy.

If I could find mid to tip action blanks I might just be tempted to go for a self or custom build.

Thanks in advance.
              Why would you stick to the makes you've listed above?
              My personal opinion would have none of the above.
              I think the best switch blanks on the market today are, firstly the Bob Meiser blanks manufactured by CTS of New Zealand to Bob's own design.These are my favourite blanks by a mile and I've had fish to 24lb on them.
              Secondly the Rainshadow Immortal series of blanks, these being 11ft, while the Meiser's are 10ft 4-6in.
              Ok, your going to ship them in from the USA, but even with paying duty on them, they still compare favourably with the above makes and I think your getting better quality.
              I'm going to be building a couple of the Immortals in the next month or so, I have the blanks in transit to me at this very moment and they are manufactured in the USA.
              I can let you have more info and pics when they arrive if you like.
              Have a search on the net for them both, oh yes they are all 4 piece.

Cap

Comment

Switch rod advice

Thanks for your reply.
                Your opinion of the rods I am/was considering is valuable as my choice was based on recommendations from users and not from personal experience.

Ive shipped blanks from the US before fax machines were invented and never had a single problem. Rainshadow from my limited experience, are a good company and I will certainly checkout their range.

Best of all Im off to NZ quite soon, having most of my family out there, so I will try get a few CTS rods in my hands, plus bringing anything back wouldn't be a difficult (biggest problem is the leaving).

In the meantime I will play around with a Chinese import, at the price I cant go far wrong, can I ~#

Thanks again, M.

Comment

Flyrodbuildingkits.com, ive only paid import duty about 1 out 5 items ordered Nd none the first few, if you go to buy put all you details in and dont buy within few days theyll send a 5% off voucher and a few days after that they will send you a 10% viucher via email. Sage one switch is a beautiful rod but i now own a method switch and waw what a rod, no effort at all and will cast the towy, very powerful rod

Comment

Working...
                  X