Towy fish

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towy fish

Got up with the crows yesterday to fish first light and was happy to pick up my pb sewin. It measured 24 inches but was quite lean and soft. My buddy and I both agreed around the 4 1/4 mark. sewin 001.jpg

Nice fish, what did you catch it on?

Comment

Hey mintylad I think you just caught yourself a little grilse instead I think:@|\ sorry I think your pb will have too wait a little bit longer...
      Last edited by johnevs; 09-09-2013, 20:39.
      theres no room at the inn... our country is full

Comment

Agree with Johnevs, looks like a little grilse to me, but well done nonetheless! |\

TT.

Comment

Well done mintylad.
          Tight lines
          Aled

Comment

Well done mintylad |\ its a lovely looking grilse ~:.

Tight lines.

Dai.

Comment

Upon reflection I was thinking it at the time as there was none of the usual commotion that a sewin seems to exhibit. It was caught on the worm and didn't really have a good look at as I was more concerned about getting it back in to the river to continue on its way. It was nicely hooked in the scissors on a circle hook which although some people a sceptical seem to work. Have to change catch return, been trying my hardest to catch a salmon for two years and then I go and catch two in a fortnight. Happy days!!!! Best get up the river and see if my luck is going to last. Thanks all for pointing it out.

Comment

Certainly a grilse, and very welcome i should think. They are usually quite acrobatic at that size. like a sewin..... Well done!

Comment

Working...
                X