Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fished untill 1pm this morning cold,wet and windy hardly perfect conditions but boy didi i enjoy it i will wait for some more water over the next couple of weeks , steff those mounts look very good in the water they swim on an even keel by the way the heads are built up with u.v top coat [two coats] and a finall coat of head varnish , there were two other rods fishing as well and they both cadged a couple of the scorpion mounts each , looks like i have some more tying to do ,billy

Comment

hi steff here are a couple for the estuary

Comment

Add my short comment to the above tie.

Originally posted by speycaster View Post
        hi steff here are a couple for the estuary
        WOW!!!:}

Those Puppies actually look real.

fae

Comment

thanks mate glad you like them|\

Comment

Originally posted by JT View Post
            Wotcher

Nice ideas as usual Steff.

I've done something similar with mounted stinger/SW trebles but simply threaded the leader through the eye, then furled it and then mounted the heat shrink tube further along the shank to avoid the hingeing I think you're trying to avoid with that loop sitting behind the eye...

Would that make your process easier?

Also, if any members are non/reformed-smokers and don't have lighters then a kettle works perfectly fine (if you're careful)!

Love the final pattern as well.

Hope you're well.

Jon
            Hey Jon,

good to hear from you mate. Basically these mounts are for use with single hooks as the 'stinger'. If a treble or even a double was used then I would do the same as you have done Jon, and that would be my normal method of constructing a stinger mount. However, you don't have this luxury with a single hook, as there is nothing to loop it around. Hence why this method was adopted. If using a double/treble for the stinger then I would just whip over the double/treble with some tying thread, and probably put some tinsel on it for good measure, but no loop would remain.

Originally posted by speycaster View Post
            fished untill 1pm this morning cold,wet and windy hardly perfect conditions but boy didi i enjoy it i will wait for some more water over the next couple of weeks , steff those mounts look very good in the water they swim on an even keel by the way the heads are built up with u.v top coat [two coats] and a finall coat of head varnish , there were two other rods fishing as well and they both cadged a couple of the scorpion mounts each , looks like i have some more tying to do ,billy
            Good job, nice one Billy. |\

Good man for sharing too. It's all abouty sharing our experiences.

Steff.

Comment

Great idea TT, where do you source the shrink tubing? PJ.

Comment

e ,bay is the cheapest mate just put in shrink tube and away you go

Comment

Another great place (and one of the least expensive) is a shoppe that sells tropical fish/tanks/supplies. Several sizes of plastic tubing and cheap as chips by the foot.|\ Another one is an auto parts store; ask for brake tubing; only comes in black thou.
                  Fred

Comment

Thanks very much guys, it's great when you can source materials from non fishing related sources the quantities and costings are on a completely different scale. Could be a good thread theme. PJ.

Comment

Not to worry TH, this is all a great 'mind game.' But that's why they call it 'fishing,' not 'catching.'

Fred

Comment

Working...
                      X