Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

River Levels for virtually all rivers in Wales!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• River Levels for virtually all rivers in Wales!!

Don't say that I never give you guys anything!!! :@

Hot off the press:

http://www.fishing.visitwales.com/fi...ult.aspx?ID=46

All the latest river levels for the rivers in Wales, including the Teifi, Towy, Tawe, Clwyd, Dee, Neath etc. etc.

Just a simple process of registering and you gain free access to them all. As far as I can work out these are all the gauges currently operated by the EAW that you use to have to pay to access, so certainly a step in the right direction and definite progress!! |\

It is updated earlier (7.30am) than fishtowy etc. and is updated twice a day. A very useful bit of kit I'd say.

Thanks,

TT.
    Last edited by Teifi-Terrorist; 13-06-2009, 08:45. Reason: Taken out section rather as taken the wrong way.

River Levels

Thanks for the info TT, but I've been using the visitwales site to get river levels for months.
    I thought it had been posted already? I've certainly seen it linked to on other forums before today (both Gethyn's & Hoppy's - am I allowed to mention them ?:@

Cromarty

Comment

Thanks for the link Steff and well done for ferreting it out and sharing it|\. It works well and should be a great help especially to travelling anglers.

Phil
      Last edited by Waddington; 15-06-2009, 00:08. Reason: Misunderstanding

Comment

Sorry guys, think you go the wrong end of the stick there.

It is free for one and all to use, of course. What I didn't want was for people to just to go and say 'hey I found this link on another site', rather than saying 'found this on another forum' and it may be of use. Anyway, obviously wasn't read as such, so have taken it off rather than causing offence.

No loyatly issues intended, and there never has been with me. Everyone is free to post wherever and whenver they please as far as I'm concerned. |\

TT.

Comment

As Waddington said "Thanks for the link Steff and well done for ferreting it out and sharing it. It works well and should be a great help especially to travelling anglers. "

Takes away all the uncertainty before I arrive from my 5 hour drive but probably will not reduce the times I see the view from the Alltcafan bridge as I look at the 'Eiger' rock to check the river level once I'm there. |\

TL's
          IanMcD

Comment

Thanks for clarifying that Steff and I'm sorry to have misunderstood your point and hope you're not offended. Unfortunately it can be very easy to get the wrong idea with these forums sometimes! It really is an excellent service that should save people money and a lot of wasted journeys|\.

Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Waddington View Post
              Thanks for clarifying that Steff and I'm sorry to have misunderstood your point
              Phil
              Totally no need to apologise Phil, sorry that my intital posting was misconstrued.

Hope it will be of use to all visiting anglers, and indeed us locals. |\

Cromarty; can't speak for one of the forums as I don't frequent it, but haven't seen anything on Gethyn's forum. The link was passed on to me from the head of fishing Wales, but it could well be that I was a few weeks after the fair - it wouldn't surprise me!! :>

TT.

Comment

I,like Waddington, misunderstood what you were saying with regard to not posting the link to other forums. I was just making the point that the link was already out there.
                Obviously,you were being helpful to the members of this forum and it is appreciated by all,I'm sure. BTW,well done on your latest Tywi catches.

Cromarty

Comment

Working...
                X