Daioni attempt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daioni attempt

Getting better with palmering not too far off steffs original apart from a fox tail wing instead
    theres no room at the inn... our country is full

And a great one at that JE
    Very neat

Comment

Thanks bud was quite pleased myself

Comment

Top job, nothing wrong with that |\

I tend to dress all mine with squirrel or something similar as I prefer the more solid and stiff wing in this pattern. I want that harder silhouette. Just a tying note.

Also, and this is random, I had greater success with the pattern when dressed with a holographic body instead of the normal silver. It may well have been luck etc. but I now dress all mine with a holographic body.

Anyway, top job and tight lines,

TT.

Comment

Thanks bud I hate tying squirrel on a narrow hook, fine on tubes but narrow hooks I can't seem to get it to look right, I'll keep that in mind with the holo silver thanks for the heads up|\

Comment

That's a great profile Daioni johnevs - sure to catch on a dropper! I've caught on Daionis using arctic fox and squirrel wings. I know what TT means about the squirrel offering a more robust profile when fishing. I struggle when tying in squirrel so now put a drop of liquid cement on the wrappings to hold the wing in.

TT - I'll be tying up some Daionis in a few weeks. Do you have recommendations for hackle (brand, type and supplier)?

Thanks for sharing johnevs! |\

Comment

Had mine from funky fly tying it's the grizzly collaring hackle . On the site it's under feathers then chicken and cock feathers but only royal blue like the pick and claret left at the moment|\

Comment

Yes, the Nature's spirit collaring hackles are spot on - they are what I recommend. You can get them in Flu.Blue or Royal Blue.

As for the wing; try American Opossum in black - it's slightly thicker than arctic fox, but not as thick as squirrel. It also has a lot of under fur, unlike squirrel, so it's very easy to work with - like a thick arctic fox, basically.

TT.

Comment

I'll have a look cheers|\

Comment

Working...
                  X