Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• River Test Sea Trout

Hi all
    Been reading the forum to a while now to get my fix of Sewin fishing. Although I fish the Towy as often as I can, living London makes it quite a trek. Testwood is a great beat at the very bottom of the Test and only an hours and a half away!
    I managed this 31 inch fish last week on a black and orange snake.
    If you can get down there, I highly recommend it.
    Attached Files

Nice fish,well done.

Comment

Beauty

Comment

Great fish, Tomg.

I wasn't aware that there was night fishing on The Test, although had heard the river had a run of salmon and sea trout. I can't find any info on prices etc; were you on the Testwood and Nursling Beat (Testwood pool?) operated by upstreamdryfly.com?

Thanks for posting.

Comment

Thanks
          Yes, it was booked through Upstreamdryfly. It's downstream from Broadlands, the famous River Test Salmon beats. It's very different from Towy, but great fun. The main pool has many streams and lies within it and is unusual, but very interesting, and below the bridge it becomes a classic sea trout river, lots of over hanging trees and banks.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomg View Post
            Thanks
            Yes, it was booked through Upstreamdryfly. It's downstream from Broadlands, the famous River Test Salmon beats. It's very different from Towy, but great fun. The main pool has many streams and lies within it and is unusual, but very interesting, and below the bridge it becomes a classic sea trout river, lots of over hanging trees and banks.
            Thanks for the extra info Tomg. How much is a night's sea trout ticket? Also, is it tidal on this beat?

Cheers

Comment

I knew that the Test got a run of salmon. I suppose it is not a great leap of faith to then expect a run of sea trout. Yours is an absolute corker. Very well done indeed ~:.
              www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

Lovely fish tomg!
                Silverstoat: As tomg mentioned the beat consists of one main pool at the top with multiple inflows and a short tail under a bridge. Below the bridge is perhaps only 150 meters and all tidal, but seems to fish well at a range of tide states. Not aware of the cost as have only fished it occasionally as a guest. It's currently fishing well and so availability may be a problem.

Comment

Working...
                X