Tweed Sea Trout

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tweed Sea Trout

Thought id share this a sea trout taken on the upper tweed a few weeks ago on an allys shrimp what a fight thought id hooked a tarpon !!

Biggest ive had so far looking forward to getting down to wales soon & fish the rivers down there would love to get one even bigger :>

Last edited by dougiemac; 18-08-2013, 22:59.

Well done dougieMac cracking fish, cock fish is it|\
    theres no room at the inn... our country is full

Comment

Lovely fish dm |\ and on an allys :@

Dai.

Comment

Yeah it was a cock fish i had a salmon in the morning as well from the same lie in the same pool a bit of a red letter day !

Dont think the fish had been in the river very long maybe a week or two the river was dropping & clearing after some rain the previous day a case of the right place right time !! :@

Comment

Dougiemac, great fish! A real looker too and a fantastic size fish to catch! Well done! I'd say he's been in 4-5 weeks though possibly unless the light in the picture isn't showing its true shine. Nevertheless, a lovely fish!
          Definitely not his first run to the spawning grounds by the looks.

Comment

That, as we say down by yer, is a proper tidy fish, mun. Did you you weight it, Dougie?

Comment

7-8lbs?

Comment

It was just under 30 inchs long with a girth of 15in & weighed 12lb the tweed catches havent been very good this year compared to the last few years the low water hasn't helped but there just dont seem to be as many fish around {;

Comment

Nice fish-how did you keep the dog off it? You'd be banned for life down here for even taking him/her with you. My lab would have eaten it on the spot! Last time he got that close to a fish i tripped and my F & C flew upwards. He ate the lot before any of it hit the deck. Well done and tighter lines.

Comment

12lbs! Brilliant fish and well done again! Nothing fights like a sea trout in my opinion!

Comment

Working...
                    X