Rio Grande; Chile & Argentina.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rio Grande; Chile & Argentina.

Rio Grande, Kau-Tapen, Argentina. 7-14th March. $4500 (USD)

Rio Grande, Chile, 15-22nd February. $4000 (USD)

Jurassic Lake, Argentina, TBC. $4200 (USD)

Rio Grande; Chilean side.
    I have booked the week 15-22nd February at the lodge, with a max group size of 6 people. This is mixed fishing, and includes; Rio Grande; the fishing is in the middle reaches of the Grande; equivalent of Llandeilo on the Towy or Llandysul on the Teifi.The river is very easy for the fish to navigate, and you will get extremely fresh fish on the beats. We have over 20 miles of fishing at our disposal! Further to that, we have numerous lakes that we can fish, which are a must see. These lakes contain, brown, sea, rainbow, and brook trout (char) – there’s another river that we fish which drains out of one of the lakes, where the fishing is nothing short of fantastic! The lodge is very relaxed, and every day can be drawn up differently and to your requirements i.e. there is no set routine for the week, you have room to dictate. Night fishing is also available, since it is in Chile, and can be extremely effective. A great mixed-bag package, where the variety creates a great all-round experience.

Cost for the week directly through the lodge, and as I have advertised in previous years is $4500 (USD). However, since the dollar is so strong at the moment, I am willing to lose out to encourage take-up of the package and make sure that I get a group returning there in 2009. As such, for the 15-22nd February 2009 week, it will cost $4000 (USD). This is all inclusive at the lodge, fully guided etc. It does not include flights (roughly £750 return including internal flights), tips, transfer to/from Rio Grande ($150) (USD).

Here are some photos from that trip last year:

http://www.sea-trout.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7

Rio Grande; Argentinean side – Kau-Tapen lodge.
    This is the finest lodge on the Rio Grande, without question. It is ideally situated on the lower river, and its reputation says it all. The week in question is the 7-14th March (prime week!), with availability limited to 5 rods only. The usual cost for the week is around $8000 (USD), but I am able to offer it for just $4500 (USD), which includes transfers. This is all inclusive at the lodge, fully guided etc. It does not include flights (roughly £750 return including internal flights), or tips. This deal has materialised due to a cancellation, hence the hugely discounted price. First come first serve on this one.

Jurassic Lake/Lago Strobel
    I will be taking a group to Lago Strobel in Feb/March – dates TBC. Cost for the week is $4200 (USD), which includes transfers. Fishing is on Jurassic Lake and another 10+ lakes, and 2 rivers. The lodge record for the 2007/8 season was a 33lbs rainbow!! They now average 10lbs+. The fishing is largely unexplored on the other lakes and rivers present on this private Estancia. The fishing is described as being constant and consistent! To be honest, it is described as being easy, which is a welcome change!! This is at Laguna Verde lodge, which is the first proper lodge on the Strobel – before now your only option would have been staying in tents! It’s a fantastic opportunity, and one that I’m really looking forward to. Max group size would be 4.

Let me know if you have further questions and/or if you're interested, I'll help in any way I can.

Steff.

Steffan@anglingworldwide.com

Hi Steff,

Will you be doing a trip in 2011?

T7

Comment

Hi T7,
      thanks for the message mate, much appreciated. I certainly hope to get back down in 2011, and I am itching already after missing this year. Spoke to T7 senior, who was extremely pleasant, so will keep him in the loop.
      Thanks,
      Steff.

Comment

Originally posted by Teifi-Terrorist View Post
        Hi T7,
        thanks for the message mate, much appreciated. I certainly hope to get back down in 2011, and I am itching already after missing this year. Spoke to T7 senior, who was extremely pleasant, so will keep him in the loop.
        Thanks,
        Steff.
        Ah he said that he spoke to you. Just wish I could afford it!!! Maybe 2012...~#

Comment

Now heres 1 place I would like to go but its just too expensive for me::/
          CHEERS
          JOHN

My Fishing show (Im on the camera)
          http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g3...t00769-1-1.jpg

Comment

Steff can you post some good patterns for the rivers and lakes in Argentina/Chile please? My dad has put an order in for his xmas present so I need to get tying!

Cheers.

Comment

Is it possible to book 3 weeks?

Comment

Originally posted by twmtwm View Post
                Is it possible to book 3 weeks?
                Only three weeks :>

Bill

Comment

No point going otherwise,i wish,lol~#,Teifi pools it is for me.

Comment

Working...
                  X