Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The First Great Sea Trout Forum Northern Annual Get Together

Hello to all of you,

we have in our midst a most enlightened member by the identity of T7. He has put forward a suggestion that we organise a meet up in the North Of England. Why the North Of England? I hear you ask. Well he lives in the North Of England and so do I. Our Forum has strong South Welsh influence and despite being bloody awful at rugby the Welsh should still have a strong influence in our Forum. Us northern types do however also have a voice so here we go.

We intend organising a get together exclusively for the inclusion and benefit of Sea Trout Forum Members. T7 and I have briefly discussed the proposal and Steff supports the idea. It will be based in the North Of England but until we get a better idea of numbers we don't know where yet as it will of course be subject to demand. The rough format that we have is to meet up on either a Saturday or Sunday daytime, date still to be confirmed. We can fly dress, cast and have a general what our Scottish neighbours call 'blether', you know what I mean talk absolute rubbish about fish and fishing. It gives us all a chance to get to know each other face to face. I will provide single and/or double handed casting tuition / guidance free of charge for the day to any and all interested Sea Trout Forum Members. Going on into the evening we will then pick a suitable location and try for a fish or two. Dependant on demand we may be faced the unfortunate situation where we have more members than available rods so the fishing would be on a first come first served basis. There will be a cost involved but neither T7, I or The Forum will profit financially in any way from the event and the cost of booking the beat will be divvied up equally among all of us.

I appreciate that I have included quite a few maybe's and unknowns into the equation but the fact is you all see until we get some idea of numbers then it is carts and horses or chicken and eggs or looking and leapi..... oh bugger I am sure that you all get the idea.

Finally I hasten to add that although this our first of what I hope is many Northern Events you really don't need to be from the north to attend you only need to be a Sea Trout Fishing Forum Member.

Please add your name to either or both of the two categories detailed and if you have any questions then please just ask. This is intended not as an event just for T7 and or me it is for all of us. If you have any suggestions then please make them known and we will look to include them where practicality allows. In the event that not enough interest is generated then we will unfortunately have to cancel. We respectfully request that you add your name if interested on or before 15th May 2015.

FISHING WILL BE UNDERTAKEN IN LINE WITH LOCAL CLUB RULES. THESE WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED. If we are going to repeat this event then we need to keep all organisations 'on side' we cannot do this by fishmongering or playing silly buggers.

More details will be added to this thread as and when things develop

Very best regards,

Simon (T7) and Geoff (Laffingravy)

SEA TROUT FORUM DAYTIME EVENT

1. T7
    2. Laffingravy
    3. Mintylad
    4. Tom
    5. Speycaster

SEA TROUT FORUM NIGHTIME EVENT

1. T7
    2. Laffingravy
    3. Mintylad
    4. Tom
    5. Speycaster (subject to night working arrangements)
    Last edited by laffingravy; 02-05-2015, 16:53.
    www.silversalmon.co.uk

I'm ready! Just got to chuck the toothbrush in the tackle bag and I'll be on the way. Already excited.

Richy.

Comment

Originally posted by mintylad View Post
      I'm ready! Just got to chuck the toothbrush in the tackle bag and I'll be on the way. Already excited.

Richy.

Great stuff my little Mintolo chocolate Munchy ~:. Will you be attending day only or staying on to fish?
      www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

I'll stay till you tell me to f**k off! ;-)

Comment

Any idea of the dates or rivers you have in mind guys?

Comment

Originally posted by mintylad View Post
            I'll stay till you tell me to f**k off! ;-)

how could I ever tell you to do that?

I will put you down for day and evening.
            www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by jj1 View Post

This is a little bit awkward I appreciate but I don't think that it's been done on here before so I / we are feeling our way around a bit. The dates will be dependant on the venue availability. The venue will be dependant on the numbers we end up with. Steffan has suggested looking at the River Till which is a tributary of the Tweed. If you have any suggestions yourself then please let me know.
              www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

I have a possibility of fishing on the Ribble but by no means 100% guaranteed at this stage

Comment

You might change your mind once you've met me ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by jj1 View Post
                    JJ I know you've been around a bit (in the nicest possible way!) if you know any suitable rivers or beats we are open to suggestions?
                    Last edited by T7; 29-04-2015, 21:02.

Comment

Originally posted by T7 View Post
                      JJ I know you've been around a bit (in the nicest possible way!) if you know any suitable rivers or beats we are open to suggestions?

Gentlemen let's confirm numbers before we start getting our knickers in a proverbial twist about venues
                      www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by laffingravy View Post
                        Gentlemen let's confirm numbers before we start getting our knickers in a proverbial twist about venues
                        Spoil sport!!! :>:>

Comment

Agree lg, numbers would b a key, as you cant guarantee space on most club waters (u cant stop the members fishing where you are etc), you are then left with private water, most vary in size but generaly 10 or so would b a top end figure. You have more than enough quality rivers up there tho, and with different run times also! Till. Whitadder,wear, lune, b esk and ribble to mention but a few (saddly annan and niths numbers arnt what they where). Its best to sit back and see whos interested then work out if this doesnt clash with the family summer holiday plans lol

Comment

Someone has suggested Hoddom on the Annan. It's lovely water, the seatrout fishing has been ok in the last couple of seasons. The grilse and summer salmon can be good. Trouble is it's in Scotland!!

Comment

The only weekend I can't do is 25th of July.

Comment

Working...
                              X