Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fly swop

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if anyone is interested in doing a fly swop again? I can organise it if anyone is interested I enjoyed some of the results from the last one and was very impressed by the standard of tying.

Thanks

Mintylad

Yes I will|\
    theres no room at the inn... our country is full

Comment

Nice one John if I remember rightly your fly last time was a salmon tube which actually caught my first fish on the usk. It was a beautiful little Brownie nudging the pound mark!

I think we should try and come up with a theme. Suggestions please gents.

Mintylad

Comment

Can do minty how about as most seatrout fishing is done at night maybe a fly that people use at night. Tube, waddie, snake etc or daytime flies maybe I'm easy either way|\ ps yes mine was the salmon tube glad you had a fish on it shame no salmon tho but I don't think there were much of them around last season to catch, maybe this year:@

Comment

I'll be keen but l'm only a novice.

Comment

Novice or not Chris it's all about the taking part and on the plus side you get the practice in and get some new flies to play with during the new season :@ will look forward to seeing them |\

Comment

Thanks John, they do catch, but not as pretty as some l've seen.|\

Comment

A fly is to catch a fish it doesn't have to be pretty in our eyes for it to be effective. Thats three of us involved maybe some of the boys who have attended the tying lessons might like to join us to show off any of their newly discovered tricks.

Shall we go with a nocturnal theme then?

Minty lad:>

Comment

(:, minty shall we leave it open untill April 1st for interest should get a bit more by then getting closer to the season, a few more people appear, closer to the opening day|\ don't be shy foulks join in

Comment

count me in guys

Comment

Originally posted by speycaster View Post
                      count me in guys
                      Is that you Billy?! A blast from the past if it is and good to have you back.

As for the fly swap; yes, count me in too.

Thanks for organising/suggesting.

TT.

Comment

Do the flies need to be an original creation? I have one in mind which I used successfully last year but I can't remember where I got the pattern (I'm 90% certain its not my own).
                        D

Comment

Davo

The theme this year is a night fishing fly of any description whether it be an original pattern or something else. You just need to tie up enough for each person involved. If I remember last year we had ten participants. I for one night will be taking with me to the river only the flies received through the swop and then let you know how I get on, should be fun.

If I could ask all participants to a stamped addressed envelope to ensure the flies get back to where they are supposed to.

I for one thought that the standard of flies last year was very good so maybe we could each tie up one or two extra flies and auction off a box full and then maybe donate the money to a worthy cause.

Tight lines
                          Richy

Comment

Am i allowed to enter?

Comment

Of course you are John

Comment

Working...
                              X