Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extension mounts for tandems, surface lures, secret weapons etc.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extension mounts for tandems, surface lures, secret weapons etc.

Worked on another couple of videos that I hope you will all find of interest and assistance. Just a neat and quick way of creating extension mounts for your sea trout patterns, such as tandems, surface lures (jambos), secret weapons/stingers.

Allows you to create them much quicker and easier and also makes for a much stronger fly with a longer life expectancy...

It is over 3 parts, with each part covering either a different mount or process of constructing the mount - along with my usual waffle, sorry about that!! :>

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

TT.

Hooks for tandem lures?

Thanks very much for your very informative videos.
    So helpful. I notice you rate some of the carp hook patterns for tandems, would you think some carp hooks with the point offset OK for tandem mounts ?
    Appreciate your advice.

Comment

Hi Pealer,

thanks for your comments and sorry for not replying sooner. Yes, slightly offset should be fine, but make sure they're not too offset as they may affect the action of the fly when fished.

For £4.99 per 100 with free postage I don't think you can go far wrong with these, they are great: http://www.hairrigs.com/coarse-carp-...-rapier-series

Beyond that, and just in case it's of interest, I have just finished up on an article for the shrink tube mounts for Trout and Salmon magazine, which should appear in next month's edition, I think.

TT.

Comment

Thanks for your advice.I'll tie a few and try them out in a tank.

Comment

Working...
        X