TTA - Just Fishing; 1927 brochure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TTA - Just Fishing; 1927 brochure

I was kindly given a read of the first ever brochure/newsletter created by the TTA back in 1927 and it made fascinating reading. As such, I thought that I would share some of the pages with you here. I cannot see any copyright issues, as the above text gives it origin - hopefully that will suffice.

TT.

Good read thanks for posting TT

Richy

Comment

What a wonderful find, well done TT...
      Reminds me of my first visits to the river in the late 60's and early 70's, rushing into the shop over the bridge to get my junior permit, no fear of getting run down as there were very few cars about then.
      I can't remember how much it was but it was in £.s.d. probably just shillings and pence for kids.
      Interesting how the fly patterns still hold true though, Butcher and Bloody Butcher are my first choice for daytime fishing and you still have to avoid the faster water to prevent catching Parr..
      Is this a reprint TT? And any chance of getting a copy?

Comment

Thanks gents. Glad you liked it. It made for fascinating reading. |\

WM; it is a reprint that I borrowed from a friend. I have been trying to track down my own copy without any luck hence why I thought I would share a few pages here as it would be a rare read for most.

TT

Comment

What a great read.

Comment

Nice on TT. We are very lucky the length and breadth of Wales, at those who had the foresight to form angling associations.
            Tight Lines
            Aled

Comment

If anybody is interested I might be able to get a few copies?

Comment

Working...
              X