Rain at night

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain at night

I'm hoping to fish this Thursday night and l see the forecast is for rain. Currently the river is clear if the forecast holds true... And does start rainng when it starts getting dark will this effect the fishing?

My guess if the water is clear no.

Please advise

Thanks

Depends on the length of river I suppose and how heavy it's coming down it usually takes about 4_5 hours to get down the bottom stretches on my river which is about 15 miles long with a good rain falling so I'd say if it's clear by dark I would think it will be fine...
    Last edited by johnevs; 14-07-2014, 20:27.
    theres no room at the inn... our country is full

Comment

Originally posted by johnevs View Post
      Depends on the length of river I suppose and how heavy it's coming down it usually takes about 4_5 hours to get down the bottom stretches on my river which is about 15 miles long with a good rain falling so I'd say if it's clear by dark I would think it will be fine...
      Thanks John

Comment

Quite hard to tell really as it depends on the gradient of a river, where it lands in the catchment etc. just keep monitoring it as the night goes on - even put a stick in the bank to monitor the levels as it may start rising before it colours up.

A coloured river never really fishes at night and I have never done that well when night fishing in heavy rain either.

Fingers crossed

TT.

Comment

Working...
        X