Secret weapons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secret weapons

I've tried a few different size secret weapons and I have added a firefly glow in the dark bead to the larger size 4 to see if it makes a difference. I've used b175 sizes 4 and 6 with size 12 partridge x3bl trebles.
    Attached Files

Nice flies Griffo|\
    I'm sure they'll do the business
    Thanks for sharing...

Comment

It's been my go to pattern and had most of my sewin on it :-)

Comment

Nice flies griffo have you ever tried the red shalppen feathers they give good movement in the water seen a few using them on stingers and tubes recently and their a nice feather to use.. what single hooks are you using on these?
        Last edited by johnevs; 14-07-2014, 20:48.
        theres no room at the inn... our country is full

Comment

Yep I have used a few different types of hackle like dyed red mallard, hen cape hackles and red artic fox but I've had a liking to the cock cape and have just kept to that for this pattern :> the singles are kamasan b175 heavy duty and have tied these with b800 long shanks but seemed to catch and hold on to fish better with the the b175's.

Comment

Am going to get myself some b175`s heard some good things about them being strong and thick wired for daytime single flies. If recently been tying my stingers with size 4 daichi singles arctic Fox wing and have started using the shrink tubing to hold the trebble in place stops hook wrapping and shalppen hackles at the head nice heavy fly good on those slightly high water nights with good mobility but will definitely try them also on these b175`s nice and compact looking|\
            theres no room at the inn... our country is full

Comment

Very nice

If you are looking for a strong, compact hook that's really good value for money check these guys out:

http://www.fishtec.co.uk/buy.cfm/sal...k/40/yes/87730

Very cheap at £1.50 for 20! Top quality hooks by owner.

TT.

Comment

Working...
              X