Thread: Black
    Tag: No 4 Red Glo Brite Floss
    Tail: Golden pheasant crest
    Body: Large silver holographic tinsel
    Rib: Fine silver wire
    Hackle: Blue dyed Guinea fowl
    Wing: Rolled bronze mallard
    Horns: Blue and yellow barbs from a macaw centre tail

Out Friday for sea trout on the Lune at Rigmaden I opened my 2014 account with a fish of about 3lbs with an American Express. Out again last night at Arkholme on the same river the best I could manage was a few brown vermin. The biggest of about 2-1/2lbs fell to the charms of my bastardised Yozzer. 11.45am the river lifted and coloured up and I went home to bobo's (that's St. Helens speak for bed). It is a fly that usually works very well for me but is usually struck with rather cruel affliction of attracting bloody nuisance brown trout.
    www.silversalmon.co.uk

Another cacking fly |\
    Nice one on opening your sea trout season with the 3lb fish pal.
    I don't mind catching good sized brownies while I'm out sea trout fishing, I'd rather catch fish than not come into contact with anything at all in the night, just my opinion.

Comment

Nice fly LG and well done on the sea trout.

I'm in 2 minds about browns at night. Sometimes they are a welcome distraction but other times can be bloody annoying. I fished a beat on the ribble that used to stock 1.5lb browns and some nights I've had 15+ in a session. It starts to become annoying then as the pool gets disturbed etc.

Having said that I've had a couple of huge browns at night, one a wild fish off the Lune about 5lb, and a grown on stocky off the Ribble that was about 6.5lb. I don't mind seeing fish like that at night!

Comment

Working...
      X