Stingers....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stingers....

Another two ready for a swim. I tend to tie these with Partridge nordic tube singles in the tail nowadays rather than a treble.

2.4mm clear and black shrink tubing as the mount with 30 lbs braid underneath. the clear shrink tubing on the red pattern has a strip of glow in the dark tinsel passed through the length too.

Silver braid body, black arctic fox wing, peacock black mirror flash over and then a schlappen head hackle of your choice in the head. http://www.funkyflytying.co.uk/shop/...s-spirit/1124/

Tied on the partridge bomber hook again, which has a lovely shape to it.

Nice flies again TT. Do you ever snip the front hook off to make a quasi-snake? Not sure if there's any need but might be interesting to see if it swims any differently or gets more offers. |\

Comment

Not on this style. However, I do also dress them with a larger hook at the back and then dress the front section on an Aberdeen hook then snip the Aberdeen to create a Waddington set-up and that works great; basically all the benefits of the Waddington without the hinging effect.

TT.

Comment

Yep, I do the same. I think you tried one of mine last season with some decent results?? ~:.

Comment

Nice |\|\|\

Mike

Comment

Lovely flies. Just tied up a few of my favourites using the 30lb braid instead of nylon. Much better! Thanks for the info. Incidentally I use braid sleeve instead of shrink tube as I find process quicker and easier but with same effect. Do you think glow in the dark materials make much difference? I've been thinking about combining some UV fluorescent stuff with lazer lights or similar but opinion seems divided if it's worth the extra time, effort and cash. Still I expect it will look nice hanging out of the trees where most of my flies end up.

Comment

Working...
            X