Daioni

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daioni

Just started refilling the boxes for the season ahead and good collection of Daionis is always a must.

Tying list
    Hook: Partridge bomber #6
    Thread: Veevus black 6/0
    Body: Holographic silver tinsel
    Body hackle: White cock hackle, palmered
    Rib: Silver wire
    Wing: Black squirrel
    Head hackle: Fl.Blue or Royal Blue collaring hackle - http://www.funkyflytying.co.uk/shop/...s-spirit/1232/

I've tied a load up in a few different colours, so will see which works best! Got a nice royal blue/purple one that I like the look of. Hopefully the fish will too...

Comment

You'll need them this season more than most, T7

Comment

Fingers crossed!

Comment

I take it that this is a top dropper pattern, looks good. |\

Mike

Comment

Somehow I missed this pattern when you first posted it. I am quite relieved to have found it now as I absolutely love it. Excellent looking pattern that I will of course replicate for use in the poison swamps of the grim north |\
            www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by laffingravy View Post
              Somehow I missed this pattern when you first posted it. I am quite relieved to have found it now as I absolutely love it. Excellent looking pattern that I will of course replicate for use in the poison swamps of the grim north |\
              Works well on the Lune and Ribble. Also had a lot of big browns at night on it.

Comment

Lune is bloody dry at the moment. I was gonna hang around on Sunday after I had packed all the stuff away after the Fawcett's bash but the rock slime was a little bit in your face if you will pardon the pun. I was knackered anyway so went home, shower and bo bo's. One of my clients rang me and he fished Sunday night at Caton with his wife. He said just on darkness he saw 2 salmon rolling in the Poorlands Water below LADAA Caton Beat but had no sea trout. Left the river at 4.30am.
                www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Jewel View Post
                  I take it that this is a top dropper pattern, looks good. |\

Mike
                  Thanks for the comments one and all.

Mike; yes, I use it exclusively as a dropper pattern.

TT.

Comment

Originally posted by laffingravy View Post
                    Lune is bloody dry at the moment. I was gonna hang around on Sunday after I had packed all the stuff away after the Fawcett's bash but the rock slime was a little bit in your face if you will pardon the pun. I was knackered anyway so went home, shower and bo bo's. One of my clients rang me and he fished Sunday night at Caton with his wife. He said just on darkness he saw 2 salmon rolling in the Poorlands Water below LADAA Caton Beat but had no sea trout. Left the river at 4.30am.
                    LG, sorry I couldn't make it to the Fawcett's day - the Fuhrer had arranged bank holiday plans for me! ::

Hopefully meet up at some point though.

Comment

Originally posted by T7 View Post

Hopefully meet up at some point though.

You better believe it baby :>
                      www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

This is a great fly, and was responsible for my largest sewin (7lb) to date. It's now my go-to dropper pattern for starting a night session with confidence. I'll be tying up a few to replenish my fly box for this season.

Steff/TT - have you got any recommendations for point flies for the lower LlAA waters on the Teifi? I've got a week's family/fishing holiday near Henllan in the 3rd week in July so will start tying soon.

Thanks
                        SS

Comment

Working...
                        X