Farlex Reels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farlex Reels

With the increase in shooting heads and multi head fly lines where you only really need one reel and a running line I decided to invest in a new 'toy' to compliment my double hander setup ready for the season and also for my recent trip to the Rio Grande. After a lot of shopping around I decided upon a Farlex reel, which are hand and custom built by a gent named Tim Gelinas in America. First of all, check out the site: www.farlexreels.com

Ok, so they're not the cheapest thing you well ever buy, but the reels are personal and are something to cherish and hopefully pass on to a future generation as they are certainly built to last. You get to customise the reel and then you get a video of Tim assembling your reel before it is sent. It's a true work of art and if you're looking for something a bit special, then you will not be disappointed if you invest in one of these.

Here's a few images of my new 'friend'

Great looking reel TT~:.

Comment

Nice bit of kit Steff,

Dai|\
      Any Day with a Y in it, is a good day to go fishing.

http://daijonesflies.blogspot.com/

Comment

Only just seen this thread,nice reel there "TT"|\.
        I'm glad theres another person like me in the valley.
        Your initials seem to be quite apt "TT". Teifi-Terrorist is out Tackle-Tart is in.
        :> :> :> :> :> :> :> :>

Cap

Comment

Tackle Tart indeed! :> Nothing wrong with a bit of bling, Cap! Anyway, don't you hold the UK record with the amount of Abel reels owned by one person?! I heard Abel's became collectors items overnight since you put them in such demand after buying their entire stock....

TT.

Comment

Working...
          X