Wear, Durham.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wear, Durham.

What months is it best to start targeting Sea Trout on the River Wear :?

Originally posted by dalesman View Post
    What months is it best to start targeting Sea Trout on the River Wear :?
    The Wear Sea Trout usually run a little later than most rivers I know. Having fished this River for quite some years I have found that anytime from end of May there will be 1 or 2 fish about but nothing overwhelming depending on water.
    Having said this the prime time period is, given good conditions July and Peaking in August, September can also be pretty decent.

Hope this Helps

Mike

Comment

Thanks Mike.

Where about's, I have only fished the free stretch when I lived up north.

Comment

My middle one is at Uni in Durham & when I took him back at the beginning of October last year I could not believe the numbers of Salmon/Sea Traout moving along the stretch that flows through the town, it was impressive to see.

Comment

Had some good nights on the free stretch, its ok if you can steer clear of the shopping trollies, hook into a deep sunk one and your in trouble LOL.
          Also gets poached a bit, so called anglers, Chavs and lowlifes from the local council estates using 30lb class boat rods, big trebles, snagging fish lying under the wall downstream of framwellgate Weir and fish pass, its easy pickings for them, Ive actually seen the Police watch these people and do nothing about it

Fish are usually present here from June and July, but like I said in earlier post August is tops for me.

Mike

PS if you do fish this stretch, don't leave your fish on the bank, the rats will help themselves, there's plenty of em

Comment

im going to visit my son ar Durham Uni next week , having been seatrout less for the last 3 years living overseas i would like to get a night in when up there , i have seen a beat advertised on the fish pal , web site Bedburn estates , any advice ,is this to far up for this time of year ,any help greatly received

Comment

Working...
            X