Flies for Rio Grande, Tierra Del Fuego, Argentina

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flies for Rio Grande, Tierra Del Fuego, Argentina

Just thought the following patterns may be of interest to some of you as they are from a guide at one of the lodges on the Rio Grande and these are flies that are doing the business for him/them thus far this season. I will be getting busy at the vice over the next few days and will also add to this with some of my creations, which may also be of interest to some of you.

TT

Are these for the use in day light or at night TT ?
    I've never used a gold head nymph at night & were wondering whether they'd work, got me thinking now:?

Comment

Nice flies, never mind the South American Sea Trout, they wouldn't go a miss using them on any stillwater over here.

Mike
      Last edited by Blue Jewel; 11-02-2014, 22:56. Reason: Incorrect spellings

Comment

Hi LFM,

they are basically all for daylight as night fishing on the Argentine side is against the law. HOWEVER, they certainly fish well into dusk...Needless to say that one man's dusk is another man's darkness...

The leech pattern would very much be a last light pattern, or for very windy days that can colour up the river.

They also use a lot of collie dogs and sunrays, and they work VERY well.

TT.

Comment

Have you tried them in the UK TT?

Comment

Haven't done much with the nymph patterns to be honest T7. However, have done well with a black version of the green machine and also done well with the leech patterns in coloured water - daytime fishing.

TT.

Comment

Green machine

I've done very well with a green machine for salmon/grilse in the UK, including one on the Teifi last year (my first in Wales). 50% of my fish have been caught on this fly. The one I use is the same as shown in TT's photo with the addition of a red silk tag on the hook bend.

Comment

Hi Steff, I see that they use a lot of these buggy type flies, are they trying to copy items of food found at sea. or like here are they just teasing flies,

Dai
                Any Day with a Y in it, is a good day to go fishing.

http://daijonesflies.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                X