Night lights/torches

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night lights/torches

Anyone got any info on the latest dog's plums in night lights/torches?

Have to say I always thought simple was best but Steffan, Glynn and Jon that I fished with all had the same number which has a twin horn like structure and has a red light facility which is quite good.

Can't recall the name of it...

Bri
    www.goldengrovecottages.com
    www.carmsriverstrust.org

Comment

Agree Bri, they're great.

Cothi; have a look at this link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Energizer-LED-...QQcmdZViewItem

That's from Hong-Kong, but they're available in the UK from retailers such as Halfords.

Dual Function; slide one way for bright white LED, slide the other way for a red beam.

Nice and light on the head too.

TT.

Comment

Just got a bill-lamp which clips onto the bill of your hat. It is tiny, no weight and quite sufficient light, with a choice of green or red.

However I dont leave it on the bill, as you can see it and I find that off-putting so it goes in my pocket till I need it! Otherwise excellent, tiny, not expensive and quite powerful enough for me.

Cant find the website I got it from, but TT put the link up here for fly tying kit, I think and I spotted it on there. Also got a lanyard which i like as well. Really helps the light travelling.

Comment

Hi Rex,

That was the little thing you had clamped to the peak of your cap when we met, looked very good.

Not sure I like this term "bill-lamp" which clips onto "the bill though" :>:#

Bill ~#

Originally posted by Salarex View Post
          Just got a bill-lamp which clips onto the bill of your hat. It is tiny, no weight and quite sufficient light, with a choice of green or red.

However I dont leave it on the bill, as you can see it and I find that off-putting so it goes in my pocket till I need it! Otherwise excellent, tiny, not expensive and quite powerful enough for me.

Cant find the website I got it from, but TT put the link up here for fly tying kit, I think and I spotted it on there. Also got a lanyard which i like as well. Really helps the light travelling.

Comment

That's the one! (crosses legs as I type)

But the gape isn't wide enough for that...

Comment

Research into dark matter carries on unabated in the gloom of the tunnel laboratory at Allt y Cafan . Commercial possibilities have arisen since the construction of a linear accelerator enabling the reversal of neutrino beams which in the absence of annihilation conservation of entropy gives a T = constant . As a result of this breakthrough I intend to begin the promotion of the Dark Headlamp in the Spar shop in Llandysul shortly.
              In the words of our local representative Sir Edward Dachshund “If quarks, leptons and gauge bosons are point-like and weakly interacting, the lamp is then no harder to understand than a dilute hot plasma – provided, of course, that you have in hand all the hard-won knowledge about quarks, leptons and gluons that has come from accelerator experiments.”

Comment

de Selby

Be careful of a melt down of the flux capacitors as this could cause 'the dylithium crystals to explode Captain '.....

I find the Petzel Taktika Plus [which has 3 brightness settings & a flip up red filter, but is compact & light weight] is ideal. the advantage of the modern LED lamps , in addition to reduced size & weight, is the phenominal battery life compared to the older incandescent bulbs.

Regards, Tyke.

Comment

i find this post very enlightning got the energizer myself no probs with it :>

Comment

Tactikka every time

Plus tiny LED (Cyberlight) backup around my neck

Oh and a red-filtered maglite pointing up on my range pack.

....Did I mention the baseball cap with integral LEDs that a US relly sent over?

When I shove 'em all on bloody planes buzz me!

Comment

"Tactikka plus every time", red filter very good.

Glasgow angling centre selling a neat LED that clips to baseball cap peak for a fiver, c/w batteries.

W&S

Comment

These are the donkey's do dahs!

http://www.ledco.co.uk/products_headtorches.asp

The Duplex version is available with a red filter so the small light is perfect for attending to details on the bank and the larger one enables a comfortable walk back to the car without the risk of stumbling into dozing bovines.

Comment

I don't know how practical these would be?

However the 4 LED Petzl Tikka Plus is easy to use; with it's 3 touch switch.
                          It's comfortable to wear, and very light to carry (3xAAA cells); no 'red filter' though - an advantage for me as I don't like them.

Spec: http://www.sailgb.com/p/tikka_plus_4_led_headlamp/

Ella

Comment

Got small pencil led with flexineck for in water if reqd,and led caplight, for walking in woods,dont like the ones that clamp round head uncomfy.
                            Years ago used to use old eveready cycle lamp with waistbelt and hung round neck at chest hieght so as to shine in hands or on feet,cup hands round lens to stop light spread,used to hold tackle to sky to get light, so as to not use torch
                            When younger my father used to get me to practice,tying on flies,making knots,fitting up rods in dark without torch ,if light reqd out of water,old jacket over you to stop light getting on water
                            Wife says switch light on in cupboard you will see what you are doing

Comment

Nuts!

Originally posted by Teifi-Terrorist View Post
                              Agree Bri, they're great.

Cothi; have a look at this link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Energizer-LED-...QQcmdZViewItem

That's from Hong-Kong, but they're available in the UK from retailers such as Halfords.

Dual Function; slide one way for bright white LED, slide the other way for a red beam.

Nice and light on the head too.

TT.
                              Can't open the web address above::; is there another one?

Fred

Comment

Working...
                              X