seatrout/salmon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seatrout/salmon

Had a crack at trying something different for late sea trout season when the salmon are starting to enter the system could be good for both in high water, a salmon profile with sea trout colours, what you think!???
    theres no room at the inn... our country is full

Looks a tidy laal pattern, id certainly give it a swim John {|\

Mike

Comment

Looks like it could be worth a swim. Specially like the wing profile. :>

Comment

Looks a cracking tube!
        ANDY

Comment

You say that its for later in the season John, I would give it an outing earlier, for the Summer Grilse, years ago a pattern like this would have worked a treat on of my local rivers, sadly we dont get the same runs of summer fish nowadays.

Mike

Comment

Hi Mike I say late season because most runs of grilse start to arrive end of August on my river, There are a few in before but hit and miss and there's good chance of making contact with either st or salmon it would proberbly take a few summer grilse early on some rivers as you say i was just referring to the river I fish I'll give it a Chuck and see how well it does. Should take a few st in dirty water well I'm hoping anyway which river do you fish Mike?|\

Comment

Mainly the Northern Rivers
              Wear, Till, Eden, Lune, Kent

The river I've referred to is the Kent, once a cracking run of fish, not so much now, very distressing ::/

Mike

Comment

It's a big shame it's the same here used to be a catch return of over 20000 a season back in the day according to some of the older members can remember now we're lucky to get between 1500 and 2000 a season I know the nets aren't as rife on our estuary as they once were lucky I suppose or we wouldn't be talking on this forum that's for sure not saying it was all their fault but they were netting them in their s++t load straight onto the train heading for London big business back then, all gone now of course. Let's hope these rivers of ours will come back to a small percentage that it once was|\

Comment

Very, very nice |\ that's got everything they like for sure.

Nice tying, as always.

TT.

Comment

Working...
                  X